Timing case oil leak - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 9th December 2016, 16:57 Thread Starter

I have just had me Antara in for its 3yr/60k service and they have reported an oil leak from the engine timing case. They will need the car for 3 days,but they have booked me a Mokka and it is covered by the warranty.
Not great but I cant fault Arnold Clark (Stretford Manchester).

Incidentally, the customer service girl told me that I will have to go onto the government website to generate a number so they can see my licence online before I can have the courtesy car.
https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licenceEdited by: chrisg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 9th December 2016, 18:16

The garage can get the info from dvla without a number .my dealer has never told me to get a number
I just take my license and they go online and do

2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 10th December 2016, 10:12
SJG

Make sure you have a good look over your car when it's finished, they will remove the engine and gearbox to complete the repair and getting these out means removing the front bumper, head lights etc

Took 2 attempts to fix mine and had a few problems with damaged parts after.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 10th December 2016, 12:36 Thread Starter

Thanks for that. Its going in 9th Jan,so ill keep you posted.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 10th December 2016, 14:10

My last Antara the garage had 3 attempts at sorting leak on it ! gave them the car back in the end. They didn't take the engine out to do it. I have another Antara now and that has had its leak done and again they didn't remove the engine, different dealer and its amazing at home much better the service has been.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 10th December 2016, 21:36
SJG

I am surprised if they didnt remove the engine as it's impossible to unbolt the timing chain cover with the engine installed there's just not enough room, if it's completed by Vauxhall they follow a set repair instruction and remove the engine and gear box as one unit still attached to the front sub frame, basicly unbolt everything then lift the car up leaving the engine on a bench.
I was passing the dealer over a weekend when mine was being done and had a look through the workshop window, was a little unnerving to see the car 10feet in the air no bumper, radiator, headlights, front crash bar etc and the engine in bits underneath ...
Edited by: SJG
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 11th December 2016, 19:32 Thread Starter

Hi SJG,
They have only diagnosed the leak. They told me they will need the car for at least 3 days,so engine and gearbox out sound about right.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 12th December 2016, 21:05

If they do take the engine and gear box out, that must be why they failed with my first Antara and they had that on and off for over 3 months and they didn't take the engine or gear box out so thats why it leaked.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 12th December 2016, 22:15 Thread Starter

I have had issues with main dealers in the past,but I have to say Arnold Clark (Stretford,Manchester)are fantastic. Never had any issues.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 18th March 2017, 20:28
Groupie

Just a query regarding the dreaded oil leak.My Antara is going to the main dealers on Monday to have an oil leak fixed. I am assuming that the leak is from the timing chain case (again) so is engine out jobby. This is the second time it has been in for this, the first about 3 months after I got the vehicle which was 6 months old with 2500 miles on clock in August 2015. Dealer had it for 5 days and I have no doubt they did the job according to the VX guidelines. I don't doubt that they will do an acceptable job and the leak will stop. But what will happen if this happens again after the warranty expires in Jan 2018. I do not fancy having to pay the cost of an engine out job to fix it again. To my simple mind there is an inherent design and/or manufacturing problem with these 2.2 engines which VX should concede and thus we/me should not have to keep paying to fix this.
Anyone got any first hand experience of the same scenario?

2015 SENav Auto in Stormtrooper white

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page