Antara Owners Club banner

oil service light reset

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Gav 
#1 ·
Hello all..

I have changed the oil and serviced the car with new filters all round after the light came on for oil service. Tried the 3 pedal push trick(many times
)and looked extensively through forum, but still cannot reset the light.

I have checked the ecu and there are no fault codes, taken mats out and still the same, bought opcom, no option to reset oil service light.

According to opcom flash date of ecu is Aug 2012, car was bought originally in Oct 2012 so that makes sense.

Car is an Antara 2012 se nav 163bhp.

Can anyone confirm if the 3 pedal trick should work with this car, I just cant reset the light. Any ideas? The dealer and my wife have fallen out (over her adam, which we sold after a year due to the bad service we had!) :ahem: so really do not need to go back there for this, they will sting me!

See less See more
#4 ·
If the oil service light has been left on to long it won't reset using the accelerator pedal method.
It needs to be reset by a diagnostic tool. I use the vident ilink 450 to turn my antara service light off. You can get one on Ebay for around £100 Or go to a garage to get it done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.