Lateral Acceleration Sensor? - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 13th June 2016, 23:38 Thread Starter

Hi , Both traction control warning lights are on in my 09 Antara cdti , on my Opcom download of faults it says Lateral acceleration sensor fault , Can anyone tell me where it is located? car has only 37k on the clock and is used for towing my caravan so it would be handy if its working. Has anyone else had thsi fault and if so what was the cure ? Thanks Denny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th June 2016, 19:21

I believe the Yaw Sensor for your car is located in the centre consolebut I don't have a diagram.There's some debate about whether it's located under the passengers or driers seat so I tooka look at mine and allI have is the Inclination Sensor (for the anti-theft system) under the passengers seat.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th June 2016, 18:52 Thread Starter

Had a look in the centre console and all thats there is the airbag sensor as far as I can see and its pretty inaccesible without major dismantling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th June 2016, 22:51

Here's a diagram showing location.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 20th November 2016, 18:02
lee

Hi Denny did you find out where the sensor is? Just that I've got the same problem now
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 20th November 2016, 21:17 Thread Starter

Yes - Sensor is located behind the gear lever bolted to the floor - below gear lever remove small vertical flap with a small screwdriver and then lift out the cup holder in the centre console, it is right at the bottom with a screw either side mounting it to the floor - the wires are a bit short so it is fiddly but you can get it out , if the ABS light is also on it is worth checking to see if you have an ABS fault as it also made it come on with the traction control lights , if its a 4 pin sensor its approx 300 and a 6 pin is 400 !!! Look around online for someone breaking an Antara as I eventually got a 2nd hand for 20 from Lithuania!!!!!! any probs give me a shout cheers
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 20th November 2016, 21:33
lee

Great stuff👍 did you have the 3 warning lights come up traction control/hill decent and sometimes lack of power?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page