At 4 year service Timing Chain Cover leaking WTH? - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th May 2016, 14:20 Thread Starter

Hey folks,

So I had my 4 year service and they decided that the timing chain cover was someplace between ok and might leak.

I thought WTH....so they described that the seal on the cover hardens over time, then decides to break down and when the seal breaks down it starts to leak oil.

So, its an advisory of future work - 9 hours work at a cost of £607.50 to be exact....nice.

So they guy who delivered my car back to me had obviously been briefed on this in anticipation of my question...to which he says 'theyre talking rubbish I think?'.Right now I tend to agree with him, if I ever see oil in the future I might have a line of enquiry, but right now they aint getting any more of my hard earned £££!

Any experience of this from anyone else please?

Jase
Now a Grandland X Owner, formerly an Antara 2.2 CDTi (2012) in Stormtrooper White owner. But don\'t hate me for it!! Lol
https://www.grandlandforums.co.uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st July 2016, 21:37

3 years old and seal has gone and some part has warped costing over a grand so keep an eye on it as i am battling to get it sorted under warrantee.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st July 2016, 22:23
SJG

This is actually a known factory defect, there is a service bulletin on the dealer system for lack of sealant applied to the timing chain cover during engine build, if it's not leaking after 4 years it should be ok . Most that leak do so from day 1, I found it when the old engine cover was removed at 2 yeas old, engine has been out twice now to get a fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2016, 18:11

Well if this leaks again its going back and i am having me money back don't care what excuses they come up with ! car has been no good from day 1 which is a shame.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page