Regen.. - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 25th December 2015, 23:47 Thread Starter
Ray

Anyone had any experience with this..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Va...cAAOSwl8NVerTQ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 26th December 2015, 22:01

My Antara has done 7000 miles now mainly short distance apart from my summer holiday when I went to France. I have used DPF cleaner (Powermax)twice now without any issues and have never had the DPF light on either. I admit to giving it a quick blast down the motorway every fortnight but that's only a 5 mile blast each way. My previous car which was a VW Passat diesel 62 plate got the same treatment for 2 years and never gave any bother either. Everyone needs to stop all the DPFpanic and just relax as there are so many options out there now even if you were to have a blockage namely Teraclean for one. Every manufacturer uses the same technology so just chill.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 28th December 2015, 12:29

Your car is programmed to clean the filter every 500 miles or so, or when needed (pressure sensor). I have covered nearly 40k miles in 2 years and never had any issues with the PDF. It regens every 500 miles, sometimes has a blip and regens at 300mils, but then back to the 500 ml frequency. It would probably do no harm to use the cleaner,but I am not convinced it works all that well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th January 2016, 16:38

I have never felt the need to use a cleaner. I just let the regens happen and all seems well
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th January 2016, 17:19 Thread Starter
Ray

Problem is I do a lot of city driving.
Just thinking if this worked
Supposed to do regens at a lower temp.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th January 2016, 18:19

Yeah i understand.Most of my miles are motorway.
For what its worth, i would give it the occasional blast on the motorway keeping the revs around 2200 rpm.
once you get to temperature a regen takes around 15/20 mins.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th January 2016, 19:58

Hi Ray most of the cleaner use cerium to lower the burn temprature of the soot and will work but only with the regen they are used with. The next tank do fuel without it will produce soot that burns at the normal temprature. So if you are going to be running around town you could add it then go without if you are going on a run. I use a fluid called pat fluid that you can get from a motor factors for about £20 a litre. It is used to replace the fluid that was used by ford,Volvo and French cars that goes in a small tank next to the fuel tank. This is pumped in to the main tank when you filled up. It would hold about 4 litres that could last 70000 miles but they have moved away from this as the ash from the cerium stays in the DPF so needs replacing at about 100000 miles . I mix this with a small amount of diesel and add to the tank on fill up.
You need about 32 ml per tank or 16 ml for half a tank of diesel so you can see this will last a long time if you only run around town but do not over dose as it will not work any better but will fill the DPF sooner with ash.
The new type of filters like owners are suppose to be coated inside with this to help but as we have found out it doesn't work to well. Are antara will regen under 10 mile in town with this in but before I started using it it was near 20 miles so needed a good run to clean it .
Hope this helps and I am working on a idea to start a regen from a remote in the car when convenient and coming up to the 500 miles and with maybe a gauge to show how full the DPF is.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th January 2016, 20:24

I wish mine had a "regen now" button and a gauge so I could start the regen at the start of a run instead of waiting for the car to start it half a mile from my destination!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 5th January 2016, 17:44

That can be frustrating.I just done 180 miles today and it started to regen about 2 miles away from home.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page