Bluefin + 2015 Antara = Not possible - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2015, 14:27 Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Anyone wanting to go down the Bluefin route cant if you have a 2015 model.

I bought my bluefin back in January but due to circumstances I had to wait until now and my new Antara to use it. First of all the unit i bought had an old version of software on it so when I connected it up it gave me a D001 error. I called Superchips and was sent a new up to date bluefin problem sorted. Well no The new unit throws up error F100 so back on the phone to superchips who asked for some more info and asked me to do a couple of things so they could check the data from the bluefin but the end result seems to be an new and updated ECU on my Antara which is not compatable with the current bluefin. Superchips can only update it when and if they get their hands on a new model Antara at their Buckingham headquarters so the chances of that are slim so it wont be anytime soon. to be fair Superchips have been pretty good Im just dissapointed more than anything.

After speaking to superchips dealer who I bought the bluefin from and have agreed to refund my money they seem to think it might not be possible to remap the new Antara at all. Apparently car manufacturers are getting wise to remaps and bluefins etc and are locking the ECU. In the future It might be possible to do a dealer remap but not via bluefin but as yet their is no update for the Antara!!!

Oh well back to the racechip if that works!!! I better go check with racechip to see if it will still work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2015, 15:48

I'm sure tuners will get ecu codes soon, same story was with insignia.For MY 2112 remap was impossible , but after 6 months tuners found out how to unlock ecu.It might take a bit longer for antara, it is not as many as insignia's no the road.
Racechip should working, but you might get a bit worst result on it.

2.2 CDTI SE NAV AUTO 4x4 in carbon flash
Now white pearl qashqai tekna
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2015, 20:16

I think a tunning box should still work .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th June 2015, 18:30

Bummer about the 2015 ECU vs Bluefin Grumps. I'll not be upgrading our MY2014for any MY2016 Antara as it looks like there isn't going to be one! Guess we'll stick with what we have until I 'retire' in five years .. then I'll get my Bentley Continental GT or Maserati Granturismo (unless the wife says otherwise)
-LaZ-

Antara 163PS: Bluefin Remapped to 210PS
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th June 2015, 18:41

I think they'll be putting out a re-designed Antara under a new name nextyear, my tehnician at the Opel branch told me something like that

2015 Antara 184hp DZ 4x4 White
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2015, 22:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekupus
I think the<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">y'll be putting out a re-designed Antara under a new name next*</span><span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">year, m</span><span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">y tehnician at the Opel branch told me something like that</span>
One of these maybe with a VX badge, note no changes with headlamp shape.

http://www.chevrolet.com/equinox-fue...cient-suv.html

Or this

http://www.chevrolet.com/2016-equino...cient-suv.html

Edited by: Scouse-Mafia

Chevrolet Captiva LTZ ( 2014 )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page