Brakes disc rear - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 28th January 2015, 15:56 Thread Starter

Car was in for some warranty work today ,i mentioned to the service manager the the brakes were dragging a bit . I get a call from service manager telling me rear discs have had it so will need changed along with new pads . Baring in mind this car has only done 32,000 miles ....

£980 + VAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO BLOODY THANKS

And they're not even gold plated

Edited by: sean62
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 28th January 2015, 19:28

And thats just for the back!!

I got a quote for my car which is a 12 plate with 36K and i got thesame price (£900) for the back and not much different for the front! I really dont know where they get their prices from as you can go to halfords auto centre and it £800 for front and back and free replacement pads!!I was told by my garage they could price match, but when i told them about the price i was quoted from halfords they just basically went silent!!

Vauxhall garage are very expensive and i dont really understand why?? They must be putting a huge mark up on their parts!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 28th January 2015, 20:08

Always pays to shop around, that's for sure! Thankfully I'm a good bit off having to think about replacement brakes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 28th January 2015, 20:42
Groupie

I paid £350 for front discs and brake pads all round at my local garage.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 28th January 2015, 20:49 Thread Starter

The quality of their parts must be sh*t if they only last 30,000 miles yet they still charge nigh on £1,000 for them ...what's that about .... This kind off rip off really pisses me off no end .
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 28th January 2015, 23:11
Groupie

I got my front discs and pads replaced for 175 quid in August on mine. Rear near doing soon so will be hoping my friendly mechanic can do another good deal

2007 Antara SE Auto 2.0CDTI
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 29th January 2015, 08:45 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdram
I got my front discs and pads replaced for 175 quid in August on mine. Rear near doing soon so will be hoping my friendly mechanic can do another good deal
Good mechanics are a rare breed nowadays , most garages employ fitters not mechanics.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 29th January 2015, 11:48
Groupie

Just after changing mine last week. Asked several VX dealers and they came back with 380-400 for the pads alone (front and rear). Then went to a friend who is a manager in Kwik Fit, they checked my pads and disks (front and rear) quoted 330 pounds. I'm happy enough. As well as that vauxhall wanted 40 pounds to adjust the electronic handbrake. In the garage they did it free of charge, I was talking to the mechanic and he adjusted it in 10 min.If anyone has a problem with electronic handbrake, in antara at the rear hubs there are rubber circles which pop out and you can adjust it with a large screw driver without any problem. My handbrake was holding the car facing downhill and wasn't if its facing uphill.
P.S. Changed pads and disks at 32k miles.

2012 Corsa Limited Edition
2012 Antara Exclusive FWD
2014 BMW X6
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 29th January 2015, 12:21

I normally don't like going to Kwik Fit (some things are seriously over-priced) but when it comes to brakes and tyres I don't think I've found cheaper.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 29th January 2015, 12:43
Groupie

They are quite good, the only thing is that they take their time. I don't mind that as long as they get the work done correctly.

2012 Corsa Limited Edition
2012 Antara Exclusive FWD
2014 BMW X6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page