Regen Intervals - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2014, 12:25 Thread Starter

I thought it might be of interest to other users the frequency of the regens on my SE Nav.
Miles covered.

The regens starting at 860mile intervalsstarted when I did more trips of 60 to 100 miles and then a return journey of the same miles.

The ones in the 500 group were when I did more short tips during winter and spring some of just 5 miles.

I would be interested if anyone else has had the same experience?

Also on some trips where traffic volume is low I get around 40 to the gallon on a run but 36 in heavy traffic. Locally in heavy traffic this drops to around 25 and during regens 20 mpg.

The vehicle has covered 7600 miles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2014, 15:08

Perfect timed post nearly70
I was wondering exactly the same over the last day or so as mine has yet to do it's "programmed" auto-regen between 400 - 500m, currently well over 600m since last noted auto-regen.
It may have done it, but I certainly didn't notice.

My average return on Fuelly.com is 36mpg, with my normal city / motorway split about 60/40. But when I monitorindividual trips I can return 40 - 45mpg on my daily commute - more motorway, with around town down at 35mpg. And ditto during a regen 20 - 25mpg.

Would be happier if fuelly average got to 40mpg

Cars done 27k.

Cheers

2013 SE Nav 163 Manual
\"Wot! Me?\"
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2014, 16:33 Thread Starter

Hi Paulfs68

I have checked with garage and they say nothing wrong with exceeding the around 500 regen, although it has never been stated its programed to that mileage.

I am hoping for better fuel ecomny when its completed 10,000 miles. Others have said that is when it gets better.

I knowwhen its doing it by the visual display in the centre consul.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2014, 16:45

I'm not surprised over exceeding the 500m mark as I'd expect the "compoota" to monitor & do the necessary as required, however Vauxhallhave mentionedthat an "auto-regen" is programmed in, somewhere between 400 - 500m, subject to driving conditions. Note the below thread...
http://www.antaraownersclub.com/foru...260_page3.html

I monitor thro' BC display too, & don't believe I've missed an "auto-regen", but maybeI have,it just didn't need its usual 10 - 15mindrive... who knows with DPF - dark arts afoot!!!

2013 SE Nav 163 Manual
\"Wot! Me?\"
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2014, 17:39

My DPF interval has barely changed since I got the car in March last year. This is a record of all of the regens since the car was new. The average is 522 miles with the best being 528 and the worst being 510. I've noticed no real change between winter and summer and no difference on long or short journeys. I've currently done around 15000 miles.

Antara SE Nav 184 AWD Auto. Silver/Black
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2014, 20:57

Mine have also stayed around the 500 mile mark, 2 years from new and 16500 miles.. The guys that are getting 800, could you have missed it doing a regen ?I have had some that I barley noticed it was doing it as it was quite quick, particularly on the motorway when you can reach a constant speed.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 24th October 2014, 14:00

I have covered over 1,700 miles in my Anatara since I bought it (Now on just short of 6,000 miles) and I have not seen a regen yet - maybe this is something that has been addressed by VX or am I just lucky?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 24th October 2014, 17:49 Thread Starter

Hi Off Road Doc

I dont think I have missed one as I look for it 500 miles after the last one.

It may have done it on the motorway but I dont think so, as an ex accountant I like to monitor mpg.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 24th October 2014, 20:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntaraMatt
I have covered over 1,700 miles in my Anatara since I bought it (Now on just short of 6,000 miles) and I have not seen a regen yet - maybe this is something that has been addressed by VX or am I just lucky?
You will have had them but not noticed, if you have your BC set for mpg you will notice a difference on your mpg & instant mpg readings, otherwise there is no majorchange in how the car drives.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 24th October 2014, 22:39

So how do you know when it's occurring then? I have no BC function...yet!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page