DPF explained - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 3rd October 2014, 17:43 Thread Starter

Hi
I found this training document which is very informative. Not for the Antara in particular, but the principles fit the Antara.

http://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums...83/FL2_DPF.pdf

regards
Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th October 2014, 14:04
Groupie

Thanks for posting the info up , most helpful indeed . I still feel its a flawed system certainly not for everyone . Think it will be a modern high pressure petrol engine for me next time !
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th December 2014, 13:23

There is a serious error in the article: they baldly state, "Soot itself has no harmful effects on the human organism"

This PM soot has been proven to aggravate or even cause asthma, which can be life threatening.
That's why there is legislation.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th December 2014, 13:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd57chad
Thanks for posting the info up , most helpful indeed . I still feel its a flawed system certainly not for everyone . Think it will be a modern high pressure petrol engine for me next time !
You should look at the 140PS 1.4T Meriva, wife gets 45mpg and it can be eco-remapped easily to over 180PS with further improved fuel economy. A very well laid out and competent car, just a pity they don't offer the 140PS in automatic for me, or have a 4x4 option, or a bigger turbo-petrol engine ..

It is also a pity that there is no petrol option for the Antara in the UK, diesel is my second choice and indeed something of a deal breaker, I would have loved the 3.2 V6 auto 4x4 available elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page