D.P.F Regen fix ? - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 21st September 2014, 12:33 Thread Starter
Groupie

I have a 63 plate Antara 2.2 163 4x4 like all of you guys i used to get the background regen every 500 miles or so then in August this year for no reason started to do a background regen every 150 miles took my Antara to the dealer who checked the car out and said that the D.P.F filter was 79% full so did a forced regen and the diagnostic machine said there was no faults and they had never had this problem before they said if it starts the regen at 150 miles again then bring it back but they will need it for 2 or 3 days . so 150 miles later the background regn starts and im thinking ive had enough of this . i used to take the back country roads to work i was never above 50MPH or 1500 revs . so one day a workcolleague said take the motorway to work its 16 miles only another 2 miles extra .so i have been going that way the last 2 weeks and with motorway speeds and higherrevs no regens so far now at 360 miles since last regen and even the stop/start works now . I no a few people on here have had the same problem so this might work for you . And with going this way to work im getting more MPG less gear changes and a lot less braking so win win i say
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 21st September 2014, 13:18
Super Moderator

Interesting if it works. Would be good to go back to your old route and see what happens as well just to check.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 21st September 2014, 21:51 Thread Starter
Groupie

hi Grumps i will try that and see what happens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 21st September 2014, 23:10

I do about 16 miles one way then 16miles back then 16 thee and back once I take my daughter back and forth doing speeds of up to 80mph revs of over 2000 still gave me gref even after doing lots of motoway driving its side had a forced regen so watch this space to

White SE NAV 184 with charcoal grey leather three years old May 9th 2016
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11th December 2014, 21:13

a) I do not get a forced regen every 500 miles
b) I do short journeys typically under 10 miles each way, I rarely use a motorway.
c) I mainly use country roads at over 50mph as NSL allows
d) I don't see the revs drop below 2000rpm unless slowing or stopping, car is auto 4x4.

The latter I think is most important, the auto box is always in the right gear and so the revs stay up and keep the DPF at cooking temperature. The motorway cruise won't make the motor work hard enough unless you drop a cog and going fast enough in top attracts unwanted attention. You want over 60mph and 3000rpm for the Italian tune up.

The fuel consumption is not the best but no worse than expected of a vehicle this size, the 184 auto 4x4 being worst current model for this. The Viezu remap has improved mpg by +15%, from 24mpg to 28mpg :-( but the power is way up, more efficient and far smoother delivery. That increased efficiency also means the the DPF is even less likely to fur up and go into normal regen (which most folk don't even notice, no dash lights show).

Edited by: jefrs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page