Time to move on? - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 18th July 2018, 14:56 Thread Starter

I am thinking of buying an estate car as the Antara really is not big enough for two dogs, in fact I tend to put the Otterhound in a hammock rather than the boot. So its a 2015, 65 plate 23,000 miles full service history still under warranty until end of September, carbon flash. Has side steps, cruise control, climair wind deflectors on all windows, door mouldings to protect from car park dents! Chrome door handle covers, full set of VX mudflaps and the trip computer has been activated. Nightbreaker headlights and LED side lights.Averages around 42mpg, in fact since I had it in Dec 2016 it has averaged 38.4 mpg over 15,000 miles which would have been over 40 if the EGR had not played up, now replaced. I use Millers diesel additive on every fill up and it has a Race Prochip 2 fitted which gives a brisker drive and improves economy.

I am thinking of a Focus Estate and looking at valuations on line it would be worth £9,500 private, I would accept £8,500. Nothing wrong with it at all and in first class condition, all seats have proper covers on and rubber floor mats to keep things clean.

The MOT is up at the end of Sept I will happily put it through a test for the next owner if full price met.

Cheers

Tony

Edited by: volrider

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 18th July 2018, 21:15

Nice looking car Volrider and I wish you luck in selling it. Ford Focus is a good choice (they use the Focus as the basis for the Kuga). If you were looking for something bigger I'd have said keep the Peugeot 508 estate in mind or the Citroen C5 estate. Volvo S40 estate is based on teh Focus as well isn't it but spares are a lot dearer.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 18th July 2018, 21:38

Well Volrider, that will make a nice towcar for someone with a caravan up to 1800kg (which covers most of them). There aren't many good vehicles left within a reasonable price range and this will be a snip when you sell it.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page