Regen interval - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 27th August 2019, 16:26 Thread Starter

Regen interval

I have seen many, many posts on regens.......but slightly different question.

I have a 65 plate 2.2 CDTi Diamond.
Had it from new and only 28k miles and dealer serviced over the 3 years.
Regens previously happened every 500 miles approx very regularly.

Now over last few weeks seems to be around every 250 - 300 miles.

Have bought addiitive to try that

Any other ideas/suggestions ?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 27th August 2019, 21:54

I am sorry to say that I have maintained a log of Regen frequency for my 2013 SE Nav Auto for the last 3 years (I have no life &#128514 - and had many a conversation with my dealer about them. Over this time I have seen the frequency increase during hot weather and just like you say, go from 500 miles to anywhere between 320 - 420 miles. This was raised as a technical case with Vauxhall HQ who came back saying that it was 'as expected'.

Roll on the cold winter months!

2013 SE Nav 184 Auto
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 30th August 2019, 04:37

I wouldn't worry about it. I had an instance whilst doing a few short trips that the car was trying to do a regen, it hadn't got as far as the light coming on but every time I stopped I could hear the fan running on and the start stop had stopped working, i admit I was becoming a little paranoid. After a long caravan towing session this cleared and I have had no issues since. A postman lives over the road, recently he was sat outside his house revving the engine of his van. Curiosity got the better of me and I asked what the problem was, he explained the car was just doing a regen and he was running the engine at slightly elevated revs. He said he had to do this until the light went off, otherwise the car would pack up, it happened about twice a week. Since then, as my experiences pale into insignificance compared to a postmans van I have stopped worrying about regens, although I do use the car approx once a month for towing which is perfect for clearing DPF's. The moral of the story is, no light - no worries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 31st August 2019, 14:54
Groupie

mine does exactly the same it now has 60000 mls on the clock and has never missed a beat , some times it has a spell at 500 for a bit and other times it can be sooner I have found if they come early and its not convenient to complete the regen ,it will try again at 500mls
so I never reset the reset the mileage clock if I interrupt an early regen
hope this info helps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page