Injectors - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11th June 2019, 11:26 Thread Starter

Unhappy Injectors

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, but have had our Antara for 2 years now. The first week after buying from the garage the power went down (on a very dodgy road) and then wouldn't start, the garage had it back and apparently it was something to do with the injectors, they replaced one, 2 years on exactly the same problem, power down and now won't start, too it to the normal garage we use last week and now its all 4 injectors - 1400! I'm just so disappointed and have been since owning this car, its just not trustworthy at all! Is this a common problem that people have come across?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11th June 2019, 16:10

Hi Mate, sorry to here of your problems, there are a few threads on here concerning injectors, did you have any black smoke issues before they failed and are there any fault codes present.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 20th June 2019, 11:40

hi - I have the same issue and was thinking of buying a fault code reader. Any suggestions - I was heading to ebay.

Cheers

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 23rd June 2019, 16:35

Hi I bought my car second hand and had to replace the injectors at 50,000 miles, which I thought ridiculous. I'm not sure how common it is, but I now use Redex with every fill up and replaced my fuel filters trying to keep ahead of future possible problems. When my 2.2 Diesel 4x4 was losing power, I bought a cheap code reader (U480) on Ebay which is also handy for deleting fault codes once the problem is resolved. The cheaper code readers will give you a code which you can then research on u-tube. My code reader never mentioned injectors, only low fuel pressure. I ended up paying VX 100 for a detailed diagnosis. Hope it's of some help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page