2013 rear seat passenger side - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 9th June 2019, 15:26 Thread Starter

2013 rear seat passenger side

Hello everyone
2013 diesel, rear seat passenger side, the upright and base do not move, pull the handle up as far as it goes and nothing happens, pull the drivers side rear handle and the base and upright move freely
Can anyone help ?
Thanking you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10th June 2019, 20:11

I have an exclusive and the base of the seat doesn't move, the mounting mechanism is their to make it de latch but is not connected. Proberly because I have the entry model. What is missing is some form of cable operating system. So I'm guessing you have some kind of cable issue.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10th June 2019, 20:36 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy View Post
I have an exclusive and the base of the seat doesn't move, the mounting mechanism is their to make it de latch but is not connected. Proberly because I have the entry model. What is missing is some form of cable operating system. So I'm guessing you have some kind of cable issue.
thank for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12th June 2019, 16:57 Thread Starter

have still not fixed rear nearside seat stuck in upright position(cable not broken) does anyone have a diagram how to get into the mechanism ?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 18th September 2019, 19:09

Hi

I think I had the same problem. The back of my rear seat would not fold flat. I suspect this was caused by me putting up right too firmly. I looked at the single seat to see how the mechanism worked. On the seat the catch is near the seatbelt catch. Move the small cover at the base of the back to one side and operate the release handle and you'll see the catch working. On the double seat the catch mechanism is on the door side of the seat. Its not as easy to see BUT I could see that the cable was attached and operating so I reckoned the mechanism was jammed. Ok how do you get to it. I wasn't sure so I went to the boot, I removed the kit in the boot and took out the lining by removing the bolt in the centre. This allowed me to see under the seat. If you look closely you can see that there are catches that release the seat allowing it too tilt forward. I don't know why but there are no cables attached to the catches. You'll need help to release the seat because you have to push the catches forward. one with each hand and the other person will need to tilt the seat forward. The catch releases on mine were silver in colour and had a dab of blue paint on. A tip here before you get in the boot to release the catches take a piece of wood with you that you can put under the seat to stop the catches re engaging otherwise you'll need to go through it again if the seat slips back into place. Ok with the seat tilted forward you can now remove the plastic trim on the side of the seat, there are 4 screws. Once the screws are out gently pull the plastic cover away. You can now see inside the seat release mechanism. Inside on side there was a dark grey/black block with a blue dot on that the release cable connected to. Difficult to see, I needed a pen light. I compared this with what I could see on the single seat. Anyway, I got a screwdriver and got it under the block with the blue dot on and levered it up and the catch release. That fixed it. I oiled the mechanism while I had the seat there and hooverd the carpet under the seat. and re assembled the seat. My seat is perfect now. I now push the seat back into place more carefully. Going back a step or two. I am pretty sure the I could have released the catches that allowed the seat to tilt forward by reaching under the seat and looping some wire round them and then pulling. Hope this makes sense and helps anyone else.

Good Luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page