Warning lights - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10th October 2017, 19:48 Thread Starter

Hi this has more than likely been asked before I bought an antara 2ltr cdti S 2009 on Sunday from a dealer it had been mot'd on Thursday to which it required new rear pads and n/s rear shock drove it to work today (2 Miles) and the abs,esp light come as well as the awd constantly flashing parked it up come back to the car after work and no warning lights on drove home fine went out in it and they've come back on
Also the light never can on when driving home from the dealership 30 miles away

Could it be possible that when they've fitted the pads and the shock they've knocked the the rear abs sensor moving it ??

Thanks Paul Edited by: Hulbert666
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10th October 2017, 21:24

You're right Paul, if there's a bad connection to any of the ABS sensors it will bring on the warning lights you mention because they're all integrated. It's possible they disturbed a cable when they did the brakes, it's also possible if they pushed the pistons back inside the calipers without opening the bleeders that old dirty fluid would go back up the lines and could eventually foul up the ABS valve block.

Best thing to do with it is to scan it for fault codes and find out which side the trouble lies with but you won't have to do anything with that yourself, just take it back and let them worry about it. The car should be under warranty especially for jobs they have done themselves. Let us know how you get on.

Edited by: Victor

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 14th October 2017, 19:58 Thread Starter

Update at present the lights haven't come on since I posted it on here I've contacted the dealer who has said is for they come on again to give him a call and he will book it in to be repaired so if the lights comes on again going to take it to a friend who has a scanner see if it picks the fault up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 14th October 2017, 22:41

Might have been a bit of muck on one of the teeth or knocked the sensor which the sensor has pickied it up triggering warning light

Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 14th November 2017, 16:26 Thread Starter

Lights came back on yesterday after nearly a month took it back to the garage this morning plugged it in and it comes up with
C0292 sensor cluster power supply range/performance
U3000 undocumented code
U3000 undocumented code

So the garage have know idea what's wrong with it got to book it in and leave it with them to which I was told they don't supply a cutesy car 😡😡 so I now need to travel another 30 Miles to drop the car off and get my wife to follow me so I can get Home
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 15th November 2017, 09:47

It could be complicated because it's connected with the electronic Vehicle Stability Enhancement System (VSES) which covers an awful lot of sensors etc.

When the light comes on have you ever tried disabling the traction control and skid control with the buttons on the dash?

Double check your brake fluid reservoir, make sure it is full up to the line, also exercise the toggle for the brake fluid level warning light - a low fluid warning light can trigger the system warning.

Check whether your stop lights are working when the warning light comes on. There's no specific bulb failure warning light on th Antara so it uses the VSC / VSES and TR warning lights instead. Check for a bad connection or dodgy bulb.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 15th November 2017, 11:54 Thread Starter

Yeah I have tried to disable the traction control and decent when the lights are on but nothing happens I have noticed that when the lights are on it seems like the decent is kicking in going down inclines the garage went through all the fluids yesterday the light had gone off this morning when I went to work when I got to work I turned the car off then started it up just to see if they had stayed off and they have returned again Spoke to the garage again today they have been doing some investigations in to it and he seems to think it could be there and module I'm glad it's still under warranty
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 21st November 2017, 16:52 Thread Starter

Update
Car went in on Sunday had a call yesterday to say they'd replaced a abs sensor as it was failing but the car was still coming up with the warning lights on so they have to dig a little deeper in to it just got off the phone to the garage and they have told me that the new abs sensor had to be programmed to the car that's why the light were still coming on after the new one was fitted so fingercrossed that's it will be collecting the car tomorrow as I want them to road test it couple more time to make sure that the fault gone
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 21st November 2017, 16:59

Hi Hulbert666
Fingers crossed for you tomorrow hope it gets sorted
Don't forget to check the ABS works ok after

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 5th July 2019, 06:44

Garage
Cant get muck in at the abs rings on antara as the rings are enclosed in the centre of the wheel bears

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page