ECU Fault - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th January 2017, 15:23 Thread Starter

My 2012 Antara has developed a fault with the ECU this has benn diagnosed by Vauxhall who want £2680 to replace it!!!! Does anyone know if I get a used ECU can it be virginized and programmed to my car any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th January 2017, 16:28

£2680 - ouch!! that's got to hurt. I don't think anyone on here has been faced with fitting a new ECU but I'd imagine (1) it's a dealer-only job (or an indie who has access to Tech2 or OP-COM) and (2) it's going to be expensive either way.

What were your symptoms?

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th January 2017, 17:43 Thread Starter

It has developed the following fault codes P0263, P0269, P0272 and P0266 to do with all 4 cylinders. Do you know anyone who can re program a used ECU? It is apparently to do with the injector drivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th January 2017, 18:17
Groupie

I had a similar experience with my Vauxhall Omega 3.2 V6. Diagnosed with a faulty ECU the VX dealer wanted a lot of dosh to provide and fit a new one. However I was able to get a used ECU from a breaker that had come from another 3.2 Omega at a far more reasonable price than the dealers new one. You could try this BUT you will need a dealer or an indie that has access to Tech 2 to program the new ECU for things like cruise control etc as its just not a case of plug and play and is willing to fit your "new" ECU. You will also need security code(s) that were provided with the vehicle when new (provided on a card). If you don't have this a dealer can get it for you but will charge for this. In my case it reduced the cost form circa £1300 down to £600 for everything, but this was about 10 years ago!!

2015 SENav Auto in Stormtrooper white
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th January 2017, 18:50 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. i have found one on internet for just short of £300 but I need to know could it be programmed to my car. Someone has told me that Vauxhall ECU can only be used once is this true?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th January 2017, 19:43 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. i have found one on internet for just short of £300 but I need to know could it be programmed to my car. Someone has told me that Vauxhall ECU can only be used once is this true?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th January 2017, 20:09
Groupie

As long as it is from the same model and year I cannot see why it should not be possible to program it to your vehicle, but you will also need the corresponding immobiliser chip that goes with it. It is a ferrite ring that fits around the ignition lock I believe, although there maybe someone on the forum that's more knowledgeable about that then me.

2015 SENav Auto in Stormtrooper white
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th January 2017, 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
As long as it is from the same model and year I cannot see why it should not be possible to program it to your vehicle, but you will also need the corresponding immobiliser chip that goes with it. It is a ferrite ring that fits around the ignition lock I believe, although there maybe someone on the forum that's more knowledgeable about that then me.

I reckon that would be part of the CIM (Console Integrated Module).

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th January 2017, 20:38

I don't know anything abouty changing the Antara ECU but had a quick look around and it seems the Part Number for a 2.2 Diesel is 595172891 28359587 977 (see attached pic). I'm tempted to say if they're selling them they must be programmable for another vehicle.

Have you looked at some of the ECU testing & overhaul places, maybe talk to them and see what can be done?

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 15th January 2017, 15:40

Here is a link on how to replace an ECU yourself. However, it seems most likely that the vehicle will not start because of the immobiliser and the unit will have to be re-programmed to suit the VIN.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/The-Proper...3915438/g.html

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page