Best Car ever Owned/Driven - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2013, 14:22 Thread Starter

What is the best car that you have ever owned or driven ?

Edited by: Antarius

Vauxhall Antara Exclusiv AWD in Daydream Beige
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2013, 14:27 Thread Starter

For me it was my previous car, a Ford Kuga with titanium trim and a couple of extra driving "packs".

It was brilliant to drive but still had it faults.

post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2013, 14:54
Super Moderator

Hmm I will have to think about this one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2013, 16:14

My last car was a v70 2.5d.it was large enough to tow my caravan and excemptional great on fuel.stuck to the road like pooh. Large boot space.this was a 2005 and i had it from new and done 365,000 miles in it.yep 50,000 a yr.my largest 1 day milage was 1,210 miles.was going to change it last year when doing alot of miles but kept it as could not find anything better.now i dont do big mile now so thought i would have a change and something easier to get in and out of
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2013, 23:37
Groupie

skoda octavia

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2013, 12:32

Believe it or not Rover 400 1997. I bought it six months old and kept it for nine years. Cost me £900 for its 8th year service as it needed timing belts changing, a new battery and a suspension coil replacement. Every other service no problem. Very comfortable car to drive and part exchanged it with over 90, 000 on the clock.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2013, 16:00
Dan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf
Believe it or not Rover 400 1997. I bought it six months old and kept it for nine years. Cost me £900 for its 8th year service as it needed timing belts changing, a new battery and a suspension coil replacement. Every other service no problem. Very comfortable car to drive and part exchanged it with over 90, 000 on the clock.

I was just about to put Rover 400 down as the worst car I have ever owned! Unbelievable the amount of problems I had with it.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2013, 16:42 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf

I was just about to put Rover 400 down as the worst car I have ever owned! Unbelievable the amount of problems I had with it.

It is quite remarkable how often this happens Dan.

Dilligaf mentioned in the opposite thread to this one, that his wife's Renault Scenic was the worst ever but I owned a Scenic from 2001-2008 and had no real problems with it. I had an issue with the electrics at one stage but that was soon remedied and apart from that I had no other problems.

post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2013, 16:54

I suppose it's down to me to throw a hand grenade into the room.

I had already said that the Renault 5 was the worst car I'd ever driven.

It might be a surprise then to some that the best car I have ever owned was a Renault. I had a Renault 18 for 11 years and it never broke down once and needed only regular maintenance and wear and tear parts.

It was comfortable, fast and reliable. It beats everything else I've ever driven including my shiny new Antara.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2013, 17:27

My fav car was my Mazda MX5. Despite the fact it was 10 years old when I got it, and the fact I was continually teased for having a hair dressers car it was a great car and never let me down. Even drove well in the snow. Traded it in for a BMW which was no where near as fun

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page