Previous Motors - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 31st March 2013, 21:42 Thread Starter

Thought it would be interesting to find out what we traded in/sold or scrapped for our Antaras and how they compared. I had a BMW 116 sport. Decent enough but a lot of cash for not much flash. Stiff ride, naff in snow and regulary taken back to dealers with various problems. Probably wouldn't go for another BMW as they are a lot for what they are. Antara is smoothet ride, more economical and so much more practical.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 31st March 2013, 22:35
Super Moderator

I had a Zafira.

It was a great car. No problems and loads of room inside.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 31st March 2013, 23:10

I had a Ford Kuga Titanium with lots of extras but it was only a 2WD and I wanted to upgrade to an AWD version.

It was a lovely car but I wasn't prepared to pay the asking price for a similarly kitted out vehicle.

Vauxhall Antara Exclusiv AWD in Daydream Beige
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 31st March 2013, 23:37
Groupie

traded in a mk5 astra 1.9cdti 150bhp lovely car but was very unreliable

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st April 2013, 02:57

Peugeot 407sw, lovely car to drive and good mpg.
Only problem was the French car didn't get on with the German stereo as the cd player was forever sticking and wouldn't give me my cds back.
Either that or it didn't like my taste in music. Edited by: Dilligaf
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st April 2013, 08:45

My last vehicle was a Land Rover Defender.
Great, cult vehicle but not so practical as it would not fit into the garage here nor could it manage the tight turns on the ramp down to the garage. In fact,the turns are bad enough with the Antara.

I am really interested to see what the LR Defender replacement will be like when it comes on the market
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st April 2013, 08:59

My last car was a Renault Grand Scenic, A good car 7 seater , no problems, good mpg, wanted a 5 seater with good rear seat space.So got tha Antara Edited by: Johnno55
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st April 2013, 09:05

I had a Volvo XC70 SE Lux AWD Auto.

This was a very good car to drive, but it had lots of small problems over the three years I had it. Probably had to go back to the dealer at least 3 or 4 times a year.

Even on the day I picked it up from the dealer, I found a number of faults. The AC wasn't working, Some of the windows didn't go up and down correctly, The fuel gauge only showed half a tank when the tank was full. There were many more things like this over the time I had it.

It was faster than the Antara and it had better acceleration. The seats on the Antara are better and provide more sideways support when you go round a corner fast. Only thing I miss about the Volvo seats is they were ventilated and gave you a nice cool bum in the summer when/if it gets warm.

Although my Volvo is a much more expensive car than the Antara, I think the Antara is an all round better car for me.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st April 2013, 09:32

Traded in an 03 Grand Vitara , Verycapable off road and nice to drive but was a gas guzzler so it had to go
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st April 2013, 15:30

We had a Discovery 2002 the one with the facelift clear headlights for 8yrs, but needed to change to an auto after my wifes cancer surgery left her with a slightly weaker left arm so the handbrake and gear changing needed to be dealt with , and i have to say we love our antara both for general running around and towing, yes the enonomys a shocker but coming from a disco its not so bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page