I'm going crazy - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2013, 20:48 Thread Starter

Over the last couple of months, I've been having some work done on the house. It's driving me mad and I half wish I had never started it.
I had a joiner in to splitmy living room in two to create a separate dining room and sitting room. Then I hadhim replaceall my interior doors with better quality stuff. That was 16 doors in total, 17 if you include the door to the new dining room.

Now I've had the decorators in since last Monday, and they wont be finished until Thursday. They seem to have brought a dust factory with them.

That's just in time for my new kitchen to be delivered on Friday, and I'm trying to get the joiner back to fit it before Christmas.

It seems I've hardly been able to get away from the house for weeks, due to having to be there when the contractors have been in the house. I'm going stir crazy and my Antara MPG has been suffering as I've only been going down to the local shops on short runs.

Boy will I be glad when it's all over. No more home improvements for at least a year.

Unless, of course, I get another brilliant idea in the mean time.

Antara SE Nav 184 AWD Auto. Silver/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2013, 21:23

I feel your pain !! Still getting over a small injury so cant ride my mountain bike. I too have been decorating our kitchen.So yesterdayI needed to get out so we went for a drive to Abriachan Walks, then a drive around the Loch, fantastic clear day. Took the Antara upa 12 degree incline, handled it no problem and the same the way down. Just so good to get out!!!!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2013, 21:57

.Edited by: JR123
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2013, 22:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR123
I haven't drove my Antara since 12th October, had surgery on my back and then broke my foot 2 days before I could start driving again - must say enjoying the chauffeur service, could get use to it.
Typical man my husband dog and daughter love there chauffeur and now when I am a passenger occasionally I hate it
And JR123 hope you are feeling better has the op helped your back Edited by: wilma08

White SE NAV 184 with charcoal grey leather three years old May 9th 2016
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2013, 22:51
Super Moderator

If I had to driven everywhere by the wife I would be on Valium or take the train. Enough said

Btw I know what your going through Inchindown we did an extension a few years ago and I did all the internal work myself so it took me 5 months of working after work and weekends to finish it. It was great when it was done but all the hassle I hated to the point I hardly do any DIY about the house these days.Edited by: Grumps
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2013, 23:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumps
If I had to driven everywhere by the wife I would be on Valium or take the train. Enough said

Btw I know what your going through Inchindown we did an extension a few years ago and I did all the internal work myself so it took me 5 months of working after work and weekends to finish it. It was great when it was done but all the hassle I hated to the point I hardly do any DIY about the house these days.
Maybe she feels the same about your driving like I do with my husband, and I am not the only one

Last April 2013 we had workies in converting our bathroom into a wet room to make things easier for me, they took a whole week drove me mad then last Tuesday we had British Gas in replacing our central heating as it gave out 3/4 weeks ago, the worst thing was when we built this house 23 years ago we had contractors to put the house up and to do the inside but we done most of the other work ourselves, like aims taping wall paper etc paving red chips spreading etc then 10 years ago we got the conservatory, husband done the flooring papering etc he even renewed the kitchen a couple years ago, yip you men are useful at times

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd December 2013, 20:32

Inch yep been similar but not as drastic bought house Feb this year Moved in had conservatory built , solar panels on the roof, Cavity wall insulation done and hoping plumber arrives with new bathroom before Christmas.

Iain
Had a 2012 Antara SE NAv 184 Auto
Now Skoda Superb CR170 4x4 DSG Elegance Estate
Tows a Bailey Unicorn Madrid 2015
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd December 2013, 21:55

.Edited by: JR123
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd December 2013, 22:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR123
Thanks Wilma - the back is feeling great, need a little more rehab and all will be good. I have a great surgeon and excellent physio who has helped massively. I certainly would have no hesitations in having anything similar done in the future.

I have my own thoughts about the NHS...., but the staff are excellent and so under valued for what they do and have to put up with from us patients.
I am glad for you I have been told that surgery probably would not help me as I have three disk in my neck that bulge 6 in the thoracic area and all my lumber disks and the strange thing it is all down my left side, my hips and Knees have also got degeneration, so am knackered lol take care of yourself and the car

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 5th December 2013, 12:08 Thread Starter

Well that's the painters finished. The house is covered in dust, despite them using dozens of dust sheets. I'm going to be at it all weekend trying to put things back where they belong.
One last job to do and that is getting the new kitchen fitted. It's due for delivery tomorrow, and the joiner will be round on Monday. Not sure if he can get it finished next week as he is only able to come to me because some windows he has on order for another job have been delayed in transit.

Cross fingers he will get most of it done next week.

It's been a bit of a trying time with all this work being done on the house. I really need a long rest. If I had a passport I might have gone away to the sun for a couple of weeks. I suppose I'll just have to put up with a highland winter.

Antara SE Nav 184 AWD Auto. Silver/Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page