Antara Owners Musical Tastes - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 26th March 2013, 19:12 Thread Starter

Hi Guys, since we are all getting to know each other a little better, I thought that it would be interesting to learn the genre of music that "rocks" each ofour boatsand in particular, the artist or band(s) that do it.

I enjoy "soft rock" but can listen to almost any music genre with the exception of Jazz, which I just don't get.

My favourite bands are The Beatles, Queen and Thin Lizzy.

As a teenager I used to frequent music concerts at the Old Glasgow Apollo in Renfield Street and saw such bands as Queen, Status Quo, Thin Lizzy, UFO, Rush, Rainbow, Whitesnake, Judas Priest and Blue Oyster Cult to name but a few.

I actually managed to see Queen sixteen times......now that brings back some memories
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 26th March 2013, 20:09

Being as I was born in 1951, it shouldn't really surprise anyone that my musical tastes come from the 50s and 60s mostly.

My favourite genre is Blues, especially the work of Eric Clapton and the various bands he has been in over the years. I like some of the original deep south blues and many of the modern day American blues artists like BB King, Robert Cray and Buddy Guy. I also like some Beatles, The Eagles, The Who, The Stones, Jimi Hendrix and a few others from that period.

I'm also quite keen on some classical music, but not any form of classical singing. I'm quite fond of classical guitar music. Beethoven is my favourite composer.

Don't really have much time for the current music scene.

In the car I use USB sticks filled with my favourite tracks and just switch between different genres when I feel like it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 26th March 2013, 21:26

I find any music is good, just as long as it drowns out the wife's nagging lol
Only joking my sweet darling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 26th March 2013, 22:32

In car entertainment? I will take about anything as long as it has a bit of class;
Classical, definately but preforably not barock

Opera, most certainly

Jazz, swing abd big-band, bring it on

Pop and Rock, absolutely. Anything from Cream and the Doors to P!nk.

What I will not tollerate is the kind of music played in stores that is totally soleless.

Sometime I will even listen to Kevin Bl**dy Wilson but the wife says he is too vulgar. Not true - he is just from Oz.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th March 2013, 01:21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antarius
Hi Guys, since we are all getting to know each other a little better, I thought that it would be interesting to learn the genre of music that "rocks" each of*our boats*and in particular, the artist or band(s) that do it.

I enjoy "soft rock" but can listen to almost any music genre with the exception of Jazz, which I just don't get.

As a teenager I used to frequent music concerts at the Old Glasgow Apollo in Renfield Street and saw such bands as Queen, Status Quo, Thin Lizzy, UFO, Rush, Rainbow, Whitesnake, Judas Priest and Blue Oyster Cult to name but a few.*

I actually managed to see Queen sixteen times......now that brings back some memories*
I thought you were older than that John?.

I used to be a big music fan and spend a fortune on expensive stereo equipment and then I got married!!!!!!.

I probably have 300-400 cd's from those days. Today they are all on the pc so I probably have about 80+gb of music on my pc. Nowadays my main listening device is my Iphone which is not high end but its okay when you use a decent set of headphone it does the job. By decent I mean expensive.

I can listen to most things. Top of the pile would be anything with good guitar playing. Santana, pink floyd. But anything will do except maybe opera I will leave that to Stephen . I even like a bit of country tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts etc.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th March 2013, 20:21 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antarius
Hi Guys, since we are all getting to know each other a little better, I thought that it would be interesting to learn the genre of music that "rocks" each ofour boatsand in particular, the artist or band(s) that do it.

As a teenager I used to frequent music concerts at the Old Glasgow Apollo in Renfield Street and saw such bands as Queen, Status Quo, Thin Lizzy, UFO, Rush, Rainbow, Whitesnake, Judas Priest and Blue Oyster Cult to name but a few.

I actually managed to see Queen sixteen times......now that brings back some memories
I thought you were older than that John?.

I used to be a big music fan and spend a fortune on expensive stereo equipment and then I got married!!!!!!.

I probably have 300-400 cd's from those days. Today they are all on the pc so I probably have about 80+gb of music on my pc. Nowadays my main listening device is my Iphone which is not high end but its okay when you use a decent set of headphone it does the job. By decent I mean expensive.

I can listen to most things. Top of the pile would be anything with good guitar playing. Santana, pink floyd. But anything will do except maybe opera I will leave that to Stephen . I even like a bit of country tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts etc.

I'm a lot younger than I feel

Country music is my wife's passion and to a certain extent it has rubbed off on me. I'm not talking about the older "Country and Western" stuff but the artists like those you mentioned. Her particular favourites are George Strait, Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban.

Personally I like a bit of Shania Twain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page