Camera Data Recovery - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2016, 12:12 Thread Starter

Good morning all. I know that this is probably a long shot and certainly nothing to do with our cars but does anyone out there have any positive experiences with data recovery.

My wife's Sony camera has suddenly decided to not recognise the memory card and neither will my laptop, the card is a 4gb Sony Mem Stk PRO Duo.

I have Googled the problem and it would appear that software will not help as the card is not recognised. It would appear to be a minefield out there recommended top end company want over £500 + VAT whilst cheaper options at £100 appear to have somewhat dubious feedback.

Any thoughts/recommendations would be gratefully accepted, not asking for 100% guarantees just a straight forward setup that will do its best at a fair price.

Dave

Antara SE 184 AWD Man. Placid Grey/Black..... now tows a Compass Rallye 574
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2016, 16:24

Dave

Are you using a windows based PC.

Forgive my asking, have you tried accessing the card using the command prompt. This can sometimes enable you to see hardware attachments. Failing that it's a much harder job and is good reason for copying files on a regular basis

Richard
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2016, 16:28

I've never usedany data recovery service but I've had memory sticks in the past that went bad and had a limited amount of success. I'd plug them into a Windows XP (or in one case even into and old Windows 98SE machine) and make sure the BIOS was not set to boot off the hard disk. ThePOST and initial boot search seemed to do something to the memory stick and I was subsequently able to at least have a later machine read it via the normal USB port.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page