A Really Wild Night - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 29th January 2016, 12:53 Thread Starter

Last night and this morning have been really wild. Found it hard to sleep as the wind was howling round the house. Sounded like an express train at times.

Fortunately no damage to the house or my trees. Only damage was one of my gates was blown off its hinges.

Electricity went off at 7am this morning and has only just came back on. I've got no food in the house I can eat without cooking so I'm just off to get some stuff in that doesn't need cooking. More gales are forecast up here. When will it all end I ask myself.

I couldn't get the car out of the garage this morning, as I have an electric garage door. I did manage to disconnect the opening mechanism and open the door manually, which allowed me to get the car out. However I couldn't get the door closed as the opening mechanism wouldn't re-engage without electricity. Ended up clamping the door shut with woodworking clamps as a temporary measure. Now the electric is back on, I will be able to re-connect the door properly.

I think I would prefer a couple of feet of snow to all this wind and rain.

Edited by: Inchindown

Antara SE Nav 184 AWD Auto. Silver/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page