The Search Begins - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 1st July 2015, 14:05 Thread Starter

This is the time when I start looking for my next car.
I lease a car from the Motability scheme and the new July quarterlypricelist is out today.

So it's time to start scouring the list and making up my long list of possible cars. When I have my list I'll be getting hold of all the printed brochures so I can start to put together a shortlistfor when the October quarterlypricelist comes out. It's that list I have to order my next car from.

There will be no new Antara for me this time. In fact there are no Vauxhall Auto 4WD cars on the Motability list at all this time.

I see Volvo have a couple of AWD cars this time, (I had a Volvo before my current Antara), and there's an Audi Q3 AWD. Mitsubishi have a few cars in this list, including the new plug in hybrid. I like the look of the Honda CRV as well.It's not a bad selection of AWD auto cars this time.

I really enjoy the search for a new car. I'll be logging on to all the forums to find out what is causing the most problems for owners. I bet the DPF systems are pretty high on the list.

Wish me luck.

Antara SE Nav 184 AWD Auto. Silver/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 1st July 2015, 22:10
Super Moderator

Good luck George some nice cars out there so keep us posted on your findings.
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 6th July 2015, 19:44 Thread Starter

Having gone through the 59 automatic AWD cars in the current motability car list, I've chosen a long list of 9 cars to further investigate with a view to narrowing the list down to 3 or 4 which I will test drive before making my final choice.

The 9 cars are as follows.

Honda CRV
Volvo XC60
Volvo V60
Toyota Rav 4
Audi Q3
Mini All4
VW Tiguan
Mitsubishi ASX
Ford Kuga

Now I'll be joining all the forums to check what's good or bad for each car.

Wish me luck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 6th July 2015, 21:06

If you need a decent sized boot you can rule out the V60, its tiny!
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 6th July 2015, 21:48 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntaraMatt
If you need a decent sized boot you can rule out the V60, its tiny!
The size of the boot is not a major issue for me, as long as I can get the dog in I'll be happy.

I've had a Volvo before, and I quite like the idea of going back to a normal car rather than a tall SUV.

post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 6th July 2015, 21:59

If you have a small dog...honestly it's disappointingly small. It's a lovely car otherwise, so stylish!
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 6th July 2015, 22:28 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntaraMatt
If you have a small dog...honestly it's disappointingly small. It's a lovely car otherwise, so stylish!
I'll bear that in mind when I start looking at the cars in detail.

post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2015, 16:57 Thread Starter

Well I think I've narrowed my list of cars down to a choice of 2.
I checked out about 13 different cars and the two Volvos come out on top. That's not to say the rest of the cars were rubbish. Far from it. I really liked to AWD Mini, but it's boot is way to small for my labrador. I also liked the Honda CRV, but the standard equipment is quite basic and you have to spend quite a lot on options to get to the level of the Volvos. I also quite like the Mitsubishi ASX.

As for the boot size of the V60, I measured it with a tape measure at the weekend, and it doesn't seem all that small to me. It's not big, but my Lab would fit in it no bother. The Volvo V60 and XC60 have identical sized boots.

So I suppose it comes down to whether I want another car with the high driving position of the XC60 or if I want to go back to driving a near normal sized car but with the benefit of AWD and an extra few inches of ground clearance.

I don't have to make up my mind until December, so I have plenty of time. As I'm using the Motability scheme, I have to wait until at least October when the next pricelist and car list comes out. that's the list I have to order from. There's no guarantee any of the cars I fancy will be in the next list, as they seems to move cars in and out at random sometimes.

I'll be lurking in the Volvo forums over the next few months to see what the serious problems might be.

post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2015, 21:04

Nice choice. When I joined the motability scheme 8 years ago I joined at the 1/4ly change. I'd been looking at the Volvo then. When the new prices came out they had taken the Volvos off the scheme, needless to say I was gutted. Hope the same doesn't happen to you.
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2015, 21:25 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy1
Nice choice. When I joined the motability scheme 8 years ago I joined at the 1/4ly change. I'd been looking at the Volvo then. When the new prices came out they had taken the Volvos off the scheme, needless to say I was gutted. *Hope the same doesn't happen to you.
I had a Volvo xc70 before I got the Antara. As they have just brought some Volvo AWD cars back into the list, I'm hoping they will still be there when the next list comes out in October.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page