In for its 2nd service - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12th May 2015, 14:56 Thread Starter

Oh well in for the service this morning. One thing that's cropped up is a very sticky electric handbrake. All our other Vauxhalls just drive off normally without a hint of lag. The Antara seems to hold on too long by about a second and then thud its off. Definetly a problem so lets see if itsvthe old wear and tear ergument, err nope not at 15, 000 miles, oh and also a stinky air con.

Apart from this at 2 years old it drives like a dream.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 13th May 2015, 19:39

You can get an aerosol that will clean your air con. Put your aircon on and switch to cab recirculation and then empty the can. It takes about 15 mins and it will clean all the bacteria. Any detritus will not be removed though and the smell will come back eventually.
I put my car in gear, clutch in and give a little blip on the gas and the e.brake comes off and away I go. try it?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 13th May 2015, 20:05 Thread Starter

They put an air con bomb in (free of charge). But the handbrake is still the same. They said they reprogrammed it but no faults where showing. However every vauxhall we have releases smoothly. I am not sure if it is because its automatic which doesn't give the clutch control as you get in a manual however its going back to Arnold Clarks as it is just far too sticky in my view.
After 15, 000 miles their is good wear left I the brakes even although its a heavy auto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th May 2015, 23:04

Mine had it second service in Motherwell they had to do the brake pads front and rear plus ajust the hand break and door handles what an expensive day considering the car has only done 22350 miles, but the service was good the week before got the rust fixed on the tail gate under
Warranty but had to drive through to Glasgow for that as the nearest body shop was mount vernon, really good job done but to get it done was a bloody palava
But must admit the gearbox is something else on the Antra really responsive does anyone else think that .

White SE NAV 184 with charcoal grey leather three years old May 9th 2016
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th May 2015, 21:59 Thread Starter

Touch wood I have been luky with the tailgate with no signs of rust.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th May 2015, 01:57
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted
Touch wood I have been luky with the tailgate with no signs of rust.
If you or anyone else wants to check and protect the paint to stop it rusting its very easy.

Open the boot lid and locate the to domed nuts at either end and remove them.

Lever the chrome strip off of the boot lid. It is held on by 5-6 push clips as well as the two nuts at each end that you removed at the beginning

Once the strip is off you will notice a lot of dirt and grit on the paintwork. This dirt rubbing away the paint is where the rust comes from.

Clean up the dirt and look along the channel in the boot lid where the strip sits you might be able to see very small bubbles in the paint or even very small pin heads of rust starting to form if you do then its off to your main dealer to have them look at it and hopefully repair.

If your lucky not to have any rust you can run a strip of clear tape along the channel to protect the paintwork. If you have had rust repaired your bodyshop should add this. Im not sure why its not done at the factory.

When I pick up my new Antara next week it will be one of the first jobs I will do or I might be surprised to find the new Antaras already have tape behind the strip.

The picture below is the rust on my current Antara. I had my Antara for just over two years before the rust appeared.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th May 2015, 20:24 Thread Starter

Thanks Grumps a dry day this week and I will have a look. Hopefully before heading to Inverness for a long weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page