Replacement Dipped Headlight - Vauxhall Antara Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Screwball
  • 1 Post By Mobilemick

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12th February 2019, 23:23 Thread Starter

Lightbulb Replacement Dipped Headlight

I have been reading through the forum as my f/o/s dipped beam lamp blew yesterday. I notice a couple of people are unsure of what lamp to replace with, and what type etc. If it's of any use to anyone, I have just been to Halfords.

If you give the Reg number of the car to the person on the till/help desk, they will give you the correct lamp code. Mine (2.2 Diamond CDTI) is a '477' type.

The standard '477' from Halfords is about £11, but I paid extra to go for the '5000K' extreme white versions which are over 50% brighter than the standard halogens fitted, as well as being 'bright white' instead of the dingy yellow as standard. They only cost £18 each. (always replace both lamps at the same time).

Unfortunately, you have to dismantle half the front of the car to get them fitted as there is no access from the back of the light cluster. The handbook shows 3 screws on the radiator grill, some plastic clips on the light cluster, and the electrical harness to take off before you can release the light cluster and replace the lamp. Don't know if this is attainable by a novice, so it looks like the local mechanic will be doing it for me...................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 13th February 2019, 10:21

If you have Xenon headlamps Vauxhall states this in the OM:

'Xenon headlights work under
extremely high electrical voltage.
Do not touch. Have bulbs replaced
by a workshop.'

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 13th February 2019, 22:44

Although it sounds like a lot of work, Accessing the headlights is actually quite straightforward. I replaced my sidelight bulbs with LED versions - took about half a hour and I am certainly no mechanic 😀
Neddone likes this.

2013 SE Nav 184 Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 17th February 2019, 15:35
Groupie

Garage
I bought the bright white ones for mine, came with sidelight bulbs as well, about £20
Neddone likes this.

I have gone to the other forum

http://antaraowners.proboards.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page