re mapping - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 8th December 2018, 12:44 Thread Starter

re mapping

hi guys and girls

i have a 57 plate 2 litre antara i am thinking of getting it re mapped to get better fuel economy but i was wondering if anyone else as had theres remapped or is there any problems i should be aware off as new to owning an antara any advice would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 8th December 2018, 17:22
Super Moderator

We have had owners who have had remapping done and also used tuning box without any issues.

Do a search and you should find some threads about both on here.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th December 2018, 06:26
Groupie

Hi
I have a 2.2 remapped using blue fin. Best thing ever done. Don't think twice about it especially if your towing.

2013 163 SE Nav 4x4 manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 8th January 2019, 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminto69 View Post
hi guys and girls

I have a 57 plate 2 litre antara i am thinking of getting it re mapped to get better fuel economy but i was wondering if anyone else as had theres remapped or is there any problems i should be aware off as new to owning an antara any advice would be great
Hey mate, I have the exact same car and I was wondering the same thing. How did you get on?

I did an Ebay search for "antara chip" and there are so many results ranging from 12 to 300 - the 12 one seems too good to be true - Does anyone have any opinion on these?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11th January 2019, 10:37

I have a 2016 2.2 diamond which I use for pulling a lunar delta, this has been re-mapped via bluefin from new, it has done 35000 trouble free miles, 32mpg towing and 42 solo, 208bhp with 450Nm of torque its expensive but by far the best way to go.

avoid the cheap boxes as all they do is change the information to the ecu to increase fuelling wheras the Bluefin is actually an ecu re write

2016 antara diamond FWD in carbon I\'ll be black, towing swift challenger 570se
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11th January 2019, 21:18

Cheers Jeff, I'll avoid the ebay efforts then - I have a mate who runs a remapping business, I just wasn't sure if I'd be wasting money going for a full remap or if I'd have been as well off buying one of the ebay efforts.

He also used to be a senior engineer in a Vauxhall dealership in Motherwell - so I'll assume he knows what he's doing with the 2.0 CDTi engine (famous last words)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 26th January 2019, 16:50

Had Bluefin on my 2.2 for the last 4 years without issue. This totally transforms the car and it's not until you have driven with the bluefin on that you realise just how utterly terrible the standard VX map is!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th March 2019, 18:32

Talking

In the end I went for a Race Chip at 200, 35 more hp, 70nm of torques and 15-20% fuel economy.

I have to say, it's worth every penny.

The car is much much more responsive, and shock horror, if it's driven sensibly, I am actually seeing 15-20% better mpg

On the first day of installing it I drove 30 miles to work and the fuel range finder was 30 miles higher when I got to work than when I left! Sorcery!

The only bugger was getting the connector off the fuel rail to fit the inline cable! was shitting myself that I'd snap it as the clip was on the underside of the connector and trying to get fingers in there, press the clip and pull it off at the same time required nimble fingers. (oo-er missus)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page