YES 3 18.75%
NO 12 75.00%
NOT BOTHERED 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2018, 09:30 Thread Starter

New Style Forum, Yes or No...

As we have seen over the last few days the old forum has been replaced by this new layout.
No pre warning or asking for your input on whats good or bad with the old one. I thought it may be worth starting a poll to see who likes this format and who prefers the old format.
Over to you

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2018, 10:42

I don't like it instinctively Volrider but I'll get used to it. I've been a member of various clubs / forums over the years which were updated and invariably met with disapproval initially. As the saying goes, the new always carries with it a sense of sacrifice for the old.

The elephant in the room is the fact that the old board was dying on its feet; declining numbers of Antara owners being one aspect of it but who knows how many ppl were put off because of difficulties with mobile phone compatibility or whatever. I hope the new format has wider appeal so "going forward" (hate to sound like a politician) it has to be a Yes from me.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2018, 11:06 Thread Starter

Victor, the reasoning behind this change is at best dubious, I could access the old forum on my phone, my iPad as well as laptop, the excuse Canada based moderators etc changed is not valid in my book. Lack of members, well we get new ones regular and Facebook Antara group is growing, this hodge podge of a mess forum wont bring in any more new members than the old one, the car is out of production and numbers are declining and will continue to do so. Thats the real world situation.
I have stupidly been under the belief this was set up in the UK by UK owners of the Antara, where Canada has come in I do not know, I worry about my security regarding details as we seem to submit a ot of information yet we get none back from the people behind a keyboard in Toronto or somewhere... Why do we not get an introduction from them, why do they impose a new format that is flawed without getting it right, it all has a smell of something I do not like and I think in my view something is not right when you do not get information back when you request it.
I will see how the poll goes and hopefully people will say why they like it or why they dislike it

I wonder how long before I am banned

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2018, 21:14
Administrator

Garage
Hi guys,

sorry for the late response. we are based in Toronto and yes it was a sudden post to the community. the reason why we moved to vbulletin forum format is because its much easier for us to get notifications from the community. We noticed that our email notifications service wasn't working for us. On top of that, this software is suppose to be faster and more modern. As well, we'll be adding HTTPS on all vbulletin sites (coming soon).

Lee
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2018, 22:39

Sorry I agree with Volrider. I'm finding it difficult to navigate around this site. I click on something and it takes me back to the first post several years ago.

Sorry hate it but love the Antara

VX ANTARA 2.2 S/S 163 CDTI FWD EXCLUSIVE IN DIAMOND WHITE
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th July 2018, 19:31
Administrator

Garage
Can you tell me specifically what you don't like or what you find confusing/hard to use?

i think it sometimes just takes a couple of walkthroughs and tutorials to get people used to things.

Lee
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th July 2018, 23:43

Do not like layout it looks like a child designed it also do not like the far right side of screen google etc

2012 antara 2.2 cdti exclusive 4x4 s/s pulling 2018 Elddis Avante 554
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th July 2018, 23:45

It's a shame only 8 people have voted when there is lots of members use the site daily.

2012 antara 2.2 cdti exclusive 4x4 s/s pulling 2018 Elddis Avante 554
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th July 2018, 22:40
Groupie

I canít figure out how start a new topic or am I being thick?

63 plate SE 2.2 Nav
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th July 2018, 23:33
Groupie

I liked the old site it was easy to navigate,I am finding it a bit tricky now,I am 70 maybe that's why

2012 se nav

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page