Alarm - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 21st July 2018, 19:16 Thread Starter

Alarm

Hi all, I had my inclination sensor replaced in April2017, twelve months and seventeen days down the line my alarm started going off again the day before our holiday at the beginning of May 2018, took it into the dealer and they said it was the inclination sensor, I argued that after 12 months 17days it should be done free of charge as they tell me they use Vauxhall parts, after complaining to vx customer services at Luton and the dealers and even involving the credit card people I still ended up paying again, I paid £434.17 the first time and after I joined their free service plan and getting 25% off repairs I paid another £281 .70 which to my mind they should have replaced what was a faulty part, now the rub my alarm started going off again 5 days after the second replacement, as we were away I logged the date and time, I pushed the button on the light before leaving the car and that seemed to stop it going off, on returning from holiday this week I took it back to the dealer and the say itís a different code and that it will cost £451 pounds to replace, when I kicked off at the manager he knocked it down to £408, I argued to no avail that it was probably the internal sensor in the light last time at which he said itís a different code, although they would say that, has anybody changed the sensor in the light and if so do you know the name/part number and where you got it from as I no longer have faith in the dealership because if it still goes off the can say it is something else, I told them I am not paying their price and will continue pressing the button, I also said to him that top of the range cars have sophisticated alarms and still get nicked so the alarms are next to useless, it is a licence to print money in my book, apologies for the long post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2018, 21:54

The alarm on the Antara is very troublesome and it's been the cause of a lot of complaints. What I did with mines was to stick two self-adhesive felt pads over the two sensors above the rear view mirror and had virtually no trouble since.You can get packets of the pads for furniture like table legs etc. Also don't lock the car too soon after you come out of it, leave it for at least 15 seconds so things can stabilise before pressing the button.

The alarm also has its own back-up battery and if this is losing power it can trigger spurious warnings.

I have a part number of GM 4902375 for the central alarm control module but don't know if that's the latest one.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2018, 23:21 Thread Starter

Thanks Victor, at the moment I am pressing the button on the light and at the moment it is not going off, it does if I donít press it, are you able to double lock it with the sensors covered? Not impressed with vx customer service as there is no way an inclination sensor should pack up after 12 months & 17 days so it makes me suspicious that they changed the wrong sensor, not happy at all, cay is a 2011 model probably only worth £ 4-6000 pounds and if I allow them to do the job the alarm system itself will have cost £1100 and may not even be cured.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2018, 10:29

,,, at the moment I am pressing the button on the light and at the moment it is not going off, it does if I don’t press it,
Don’t quite follow this, when you press the button up by the light you should get the warning light in the instrument panel coming on to alert you to the fact that the internal motion sensors have been disabled.

... are you able to double lock it with the sensors covered?
I’m not aware of any problems, haven’t specifically checked the deadlock function and the car is away on loan at the mo so I can’t try it.

Not impressed with vx customer service as there is no way an inclination sensor should pack up after 12 months & 17 days so it makes me suspicious that they changed the wrong sensor, not happy at all, cay is a 2011 model probably only worth £ 4-6000 pounds and if I allow them to do the job the alarm system itself will have cost £1100 and may not even be cured.
Wholeheartedly agree, I feel your pain bro but that’s the story with modern cars. It only takes failure of one or two of the electronic modules (eg immobilisers or ECU) for repairs to be uneconomic. I’ve read of BMW owners facing eye-watering bills for this.

BTW Is the car’s main battery OK? If it’s getting a bit weak at the knees then voltage drop might be enough to trigger the alarm.I

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2018, 14:37 Thread Starter

Hi Victor, thanks for your reply, the light on the dash does light up, the only time the alarm goes off is if I forget to press the button on the light, I havenít been pressing the locking button twice on the key, I wasnít sure if that would override the pressing of the sensor button,will give that a go, my battery is ok, you mentioned about a battery to the sensor for backup, do you know if this charges it self when the engine is running because pressing the sensor button in my view would be drainingthe sensor battery power otherwise.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th October 2018, 10:49

This happens to me and I do the same by pressing the switch but after a while things go back to normal as if the alarm as reset it's self.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page