I have the Plague - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 21st July 2018, 09:34 Thread Starter

I have the Plague

Well it feels like that when you go to see what your Antara's worth against another vehicle. Yesterday was entertaining as I visited one dealer with a 2015 Freelander 2 XS that was very nice 14k miles for £18500 however I ruled it out as it had the notorious transfer box, has difficulty passing fuel stations and was just too big, my daughter wants it I didnt, £7k trade in on mine which went up to £7.3k so the overpriced Freelander was not my ideal car.
Went to Ford and looked at a 1 year old Kuga fully loaded 2k miles for £16,500 nice car ideal for what I need but trade is was horrendous, do I really think my car is worth only £6.5k!!! I will stay with the Antara as losing half the money I paid for it in December 2016 is not an option. I would want private £8,500 so I am not letting them do me twice, once on the new car and 2k on the Antara....
We had a delightful conversation me and the dealer

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 21st July 2018, 10:33

tsk tsk Volrider. the Freelander and the Kuga? You couldn't have picked two more overpriced vehicles if you tried. The trade-in prices are horrendous but we've found it's been the same with the wife's Toyotas, the best prices we've ever had were at the Toyota dealers. Hpw about the Mokka, would it be any good? I know it's based on the Corsa so might be too small for the hounds but you'll probly get a better trade-in price from a Vauxhall dealer. The other option a lot of ppl are taking is to lease their new car instead of buying, either way it's gonna cost you.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 21st July 2018, 12:26

I bought mine at a greatly reduced price and took the view to aim to keep it for years and maintain it as Vauxhall recommends. Happy motoring is cheap motoring but it is getting harder and harder these days. Before the Antara I was all set to get a diesel Kuga but it was far too expensive (for a Ford) and not strong enough to tow my average caravan. Can you not drop the rear seats and have a decent boot liner made-up?

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page