It's Just Too Hot - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 29th June 2018, 14:47 Thread Starter

This hot weather is not for me. I live near Glasgow and yesterday it was 32 C which is as close to 90 F in old money as doesn't make a lot of difference. This is too much, I mean it's just not British (or not Scottish at any rate). Us Scots function better hunched up against biting cold winds and torrential rain rather than the sun splitting the skies and railways having to close down because the rails are buckling with the heat.

I've got my front brakes to strip down before my MOT and while I'm at it I might just strip out the inner wing liner on the passengers side and see what kind of job it is to get at the windscreen washer pumps and reservoir. But how can I be expected to do it in this pitiless heat?

What's it like where you are?

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 29th June 2018, 18:55

Problem is that we are not geared up for this weather. If you go to spain, south france etc ect ... thay all have aircon in their offices, shops,resteraunts and houses.
Maybe do the work at night

My wife says that I never listen or something like that !
2.2 diesel Diamond 63. Swift Challenger 580
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 29th June 2018, 19:20

I think they have cheaper electricity as well and shut down for a few hours lunchtime. Also, their windows open inwards and they have shutters outside for shade.

Pay someone else to do it, sit in the garden and drink tea with buttered toasted teacakes using clean hands and no blood. As for the wheel arch liner - if it ain't broke don't fix it. Your car is only three years old.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 29th June 2018, 21:29

There no need for language like that "pay someone else".

Have you noticed Victors location.Edited by: chrisg

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 29th June 2018, 21:42 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisg

Have you noticed Victors location.
Absolutely spot on Chris!!!!

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 29th June 2018, 21:54 Thread Starter

So I went ahead and stripped it all down today, I reckoned if I can go out in the frost and snow to work then what's a wee bit of sunshine. First of all took the wheel liner off and located the washer bottle. Have to remove the filler tube under the bonnet first then three nuts (two show in the pic and one underneath at the bottom). Unfortunately the bottle would still not come out so I reckon you'd have to remove the front bumper if you want to completely remove it.

You can get access to one of the electric pumps - whether front or rear washer I don't know. I did notice there's two plastic delivery pipes come out the top of the bottle and are routed up inside the engine bay then up to the scuttle. One must pass through the bulkhead and go to the rear screen while the other is for the front screen. Anyway I had to put it all back together..

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 30th June 2018, 11:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisg

Have you noticed Victors location.
Absolutely spot on Chris!!!!****
Just a bit of fun, but im in the same camp as you. If I can do a job myself, I will. My experience, especially in the house, is the so called tradesman never do a neat as job as you would.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 30th June 2018, 15:21

And good fun. I always used to do everything myself on the car or house (for about 40 years) because I had no money. Now, in retirement, I can pick and choose what I feel like doing without any time pressure. These days it usually means a bit of carpentry, there being no pleasure at all in working on cars. I daresay if I had a decent workshop, with a hoist, it would be worth having a go but even basic cars are just too complicated and electronically controlled to be able to achieve very much. With regard to tradesmen, I know a few who are pretty good and do a better job than me. Ah well, back to the tea and buttered toasted tea cakes in a shaded spot while my builders work up a sweat. Been there, done that.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 30th June 2018, 17:47
Groupie

Sounds like that deserves a Tennants!

63 plate SE 2.2 Nav
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 1st July 2018, 11:34

Tennents Super? Electric soup and fit for nothing for the day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page