Under-tray modification - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 26th April 2018, 23:43 Thread Starter

Seem to remember following the hastily arranged recall to "modify" the under-tray on our Tara VX were going to come up with a permanent solution? Unfortunately this seems to have slipped my local dealerships mind as well as VX corporately!The botched "modification" has left the DPF fully exposed to all the elements with the result that the flanges on the unit are now rusting!
Have posed the question to VX asking when not if the DPF fails will they cover the cost of a replacement as this will have been as a direct consequence of the manufacturers actions!
Interested to hear of other's experience/thoughts
Keep the faith!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th April 2018, 11:39

There is a moded undercover tray that I have had fitted, for a number of years now. As for VX replacing an item that is not covered by the warranty,(even though its their fault, well, it will be a cold day in **** when that happens. No offence.

My wife says that I never listen or something like that !
2.2 diesel Diamond 63. Swift Challenger 580
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 28th April 2018, 10:50 Thread Starter

Thanks ChrisVery help response. Not surprised that my local VX dealership have neglected to inform me of this despite my repeatedly asking them!!
Would you be able to provide me with copies of any correspondence you might have had from VX for example inviting you to have the modifications carried out to your vehicle??
Not holding my breath for a response from VX on this one may have to escalate via Auto Express or similar!
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 28th April 2018, 17:32

I was only notified after they fitted it at my service. I think it was the 2nd service.

My wife says that I never listen or something like that !
2.2 diesel Diamond 63. Swift Challenger 580
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 28th April 2018, 17:54

You might be better off side-stepping the dealer at the moment and asking Vauxhall UK Customer Care to confirm the status of your vehicle regarding this recall. They have been spot-on with any queries I have had to date.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 29th April 2018, 10:43 Thread Starter

Many thanks to Chrisg and Dulac for responsesHave raised it with VX "Customer Care" and will post any response I receive.
Dulac you are right about dealers our local main agent Slaters of N Wales have proved worse than useless throughout over 5 years of ownership. Quoted me over £1500 for replacement of a severly corroded exhaust -compared to £380 for a s/s system from Longlife in Chester!! No wonder rumours are they are about to go into administration !
Looking forward to buying Peugeot 5008 next time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page