It's Not Just Vauxhall - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 28th February 2018, 09:31 Thread Starter

On Monday I took a 160 mile round trip with my cousin in his all-singing and dancing Audi Quattro 3.0 diesel 4WD. He had a problem with the management light staying on and wasn't too sure what a DPF was. He always used supermarket fuel, with frequent short hops, and I nagged him about better fuel. So he filled up with Shell diesel and added a DPF cleaner to the tank. I suggested he drove for at least 20 miles at over 2500rpm in 4th. After we stopped for a break the management light went off and didn't come again.

Later that day, we returned to the car to see another car burning fiercely - totally destroyed. It was a Ford Galaxy. So I know that on some of these pages members think that VX is poor and other makes are brilliant but there is a little evidence to the contrary.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 28th February 2018, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulac
On Monday I took a 160 mile round trip with my cousin in his all-singing and dancing Audi Quattro 3.0 diesel 4WD. He had a problem with the management light staying on and wasn't too sure what a DPF was. He always used supermarket fuel, with frequent short hops, and I nagged him about better fuel. So he filled up with Shell diesel and added a DPF cleaner to the tank. I suggested he drove for at least 20 miles at over 2500rpm in 4th. After we stopped for a break the management light went off and didn't come again.

Later that day, we returned to the car to see another car burning fiercely - totally destroyed. It was a Ford Galaxy. So I know that on some of these pages members think that VX is poor and other makes are brilliant but there is a little evidence to the contrary.
well said Dulac think you just hit the nail on the head

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 1st March 2018, 20:18

Tell you what Dulac, I would have been bugging him to have a shot at driving that Audi myself. Are you kiddin' me, a Quattro with about 242 bhp and 370 lb/ft of torque - I would have taken him by the throat to get it. But you're right about the other makes all having their problems, I saw an item recently about some BMW's have a fuse box attached to the battery and if a fuse blows BMW only sell you the whole box for £250.

In one of Grumps's posts when he was about to trade his Antara it overheated and he had to put 4 or 5 litres in it. He reckons when the dealer had it in previously for repair they must have forgotten to top it up. Along with other posts, I reckon that some of the Antara problems have been caused by shoddy workmanship.

Aren't we lucky to have BJS on here to sort out all our electrical woes

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 1st March 2018, 21:39 Thread Starter

It was like sitting on the floor - you get down into it rather than up and the options for changing gear put me off. He is thinking of getting an SUV but can't bear to part with the Quattro. For my part, as long as a car starts, stops and tows over 1500kg without a struggle I don't care what badges are on it. For four adults in their mid-60s driving to Suffolk on Monday the Antara would have been more comfortable (you can only do 70mph after all). Give me a 1967 3 litre Alvis Series 4 drophead coupe anyday for a car to wish for!

Yes, I think there are problems with servicing Antaras (through ignorance) and it seems to take Big Brother Vauxhall UK to sort them out. Not sure what will happen in the future.

BJS - Bless Him!!

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2018, 12:29

Hahaha you guys making my head get big

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page