So, the Crossland X it wasnt (but a Grandland lol) - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2018, 16:26 Thread Starter

Im now the owner of a 5 year old Antara, love it still, but its time to part ways. Been thinking about this since the last MOT and now sadly its time to go.

So I dont want to go from Antara to Grandland X, I dont really need that much....getting the Antara was a no brainer for me, tons of spec and great looks for little outlay - but I cant say that the Grandland is the same without adding extras and pumping up the price.

So Crossland X seems like a good direction for me - plenty of room in the boot (my main reason for the Crossland) and plenty spec for me where I dont have to add tons of stuff to the car just to get me basics these days like bluetooth and DAB for example. Ive got the option of a car through our company salary sacrifice scheme too on a PCP type scheme, so the local VX stealers can take a hike (I went in to get some figures and the deal was a mess to say the least....).

Im looking at the Vauxhall Crossland X, SUV 1.2 Turbo 130 SS EU6 Elite 6Spd. Engines seem to have changed radically since the 2.2 beast was born - numbers just arent the same. Its a lighter car, with 130 bhp versus my current 163 bhp but a heavier load.

Seems to stack up with me. Anyone else got a Crossland or thoughts?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhal...specs-revealed

<h1 style="-sizing: inherit; line-height: 1.4; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0.5rem; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;">
</h1>
Edited by: edgejedi

Jase
Now a Grandland X Owner, formerly an Antara 2.2 CDTi (2012) in Stormtrooper White owner. But don\'t hate me for it!! Lol
https://www.grandlandforums.co.uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2018, 17:47

I had a look at the Crossland in the Vauxhall dealers a few months ago and tbh didn't like it very much, it was a lot smaller than what I imagined it would be. It had the 1.2 engine and the salesman told me the Crossland was actually the replacement for the Meriva. I liked the Mokka a bit more, they seem to have revamped the interior so the seats fold flat now and the 1.4 turbo petrol engine is supposed to be quite good both power and economy-wise. Plus it has a conventional handbrake

Quite agree with you about the Grandland, quite pricey and doesn't have the looks.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2018, 18:27

The only other car that I like and will tow my caravan is the xc60. Very very happy with it.

Edited by: chrisg

My wife says that I never listen or something like that !
2.2 diesel Diamond 63. Swift Challenger 580
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2018, 21:34

Hi Jase
If your getting a great deal through work you have to go for it

But you haven't forgot that Peugeot have brought out Vauxhall Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 24th January 2018, 21:12

Sadly I will not buy a VX car again as they will be badged Pugot's that company shafted the workers at Ryton to shift manufacture over to Frenchy land, watch them stop all VX work in this country..... Their cars are ugly and an ergonomic nightmare, looked at the Crossland and it fits the last two remarks perfectly.... I would not give them a penny of my money

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 24th January 2018, 21:23

That is what the French do and they make us look stupid.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 24th January 2018, 21:46

Iam looking at the Ford Edge sport wouldn't buy new one but looks good and not a bad spec toes up to max of 1587.573kg but have to wait and see resale prices after they are few years older

https://www.ford.com/suvs-crossovers...es/capability/

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 24th January 2018, 22:10

You're right BJS, quite fancy the Dord Edge myself, seen one or two driving about. I've had a number of Fords over the years and always had good setvice from them, got fairly serious about an S-Max at one time, thought it was one of the best 7 seaters in its price range. Yup, I could see myself sitting behind the blue oval badge again (maybe).

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 25th January 2018, 12:31 Thread Starter

...its boot capacity that Im particularly after. Nothing is coming close to the Antara and Lord Vader demands space in his vehicles for at least 2 or 3 large holiday suitcases. The Crossland has a nice boot set up for me, even though its not as good looking as the Antara.

I wish they were still making Antaras

Jase
Now a Grandland X Owner, formerly an Antara 2.2 CDTi (2012) in Stormtrooper White owner. But don\'t hate me for it!! Lol
https://www.grandlandforums.co.uk
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 25th January 2018, 13:33

I had a Insignia before the Antara & it had a much bigger boot.

2012 antara 2.2 cdti exclusive 4x4 s/s pulling 2018 Elddis Avante 554

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page