LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 18th January 2018, 21:53 Thread Starter

Well had a little look at new motors and specs 4x4 max towing weights etc
All the dealers are a bit like the old radio rentals with the colour TVs
Leasing
Leasing
Leasing
They are all pushing you to lease
And with a final payment of £9,000 upwards at the end of term to actually buy the motor

And a lot of them are only 3 cylinder 1.1ltr or 4 cylinder 1.6 ltr my motorbikes I had had bigger engines than this
And electric motors well I think any electric motor I get will be a mobility scooter when if I need one Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 19th January 2018, 14:43

The Antara's going to be a hard act to follow although it has its critics. Personally speaking for the price I paid it was unbeatable. But the future way is leasing I'm afraid. live today and pay tomorrow. Not many ppl look at what you need to pay to keep the vehicle at the end of the lease. The dealers don't want you to either and they laughingly refer to it as "guaranteed future value"

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 19th January 2018, 19:00

I think what you are describing is personal contact purchase (PCP) where you have an option to buy at the end or hand the keys back. My wife leased a vehicle over 4 years and then it went back (no option to buy) and I think it was a little cheaper.

My wife says that I never listen or something like that !
2.2 diesel Diamond 63. Swift Challenger 580
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 20th January 2018, 07:08

My wife has a Ford Focus, 15 years old 85,000 miles a bit rough round the edges now, but passed every MOT first time, last week exhaust hanger fell off so repaired that. But after owning it for 14 years time to replace it. Went to look at 2011 Focus with 34,000 on the clock yesterday £7,000 They hold their price... Needs to be a Focus because..... they have heated front screens..... Thats my wife saying that not meBut it will hurt shelling out £7k after having a cheap motor for the last few years, PPI/PPC/ or whatever scam purchase system wont be for us. Buy a car cash or HP at least what your paying for is yours!

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 20th January 2018, 12:56 Thread Starter

Yes Volrider agree with you the days seem to have gone buying your own motor and owning it out right instead people just have a contract written up for the term and just hiring it each month with nothing to sell or trade in on another motor when they want to
15 year old Ford Focus it won't be long before the selling price starts increasing
I had an old ford classic Capri sold it back in 70s for about £250. Well there now selling for £14,000 amazing

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page