rear water jets dead - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 18th December 2017, 15:24 Thread Starter

My rear water jets have stopped working on 2012 antara, jets are clear no signs of leaks anywhere so anyone got idea of problem, fronts work ok & can hear pump for rear when pressing rear jet button.
Edited by: kevin b
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 18th December 2017, 17:43

They might just be frozen, the pipe to the rear washers is bad for freezing up at the roofline just before the rear hatch.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 18th December 2017, 19:02 Thread Starter

Been like this for 1 week so do not think it is frozen as it has been above zero for several days. Front works ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 18th December 2017, 19:45

Meant to say, there's a Tee piece joint in the hose in that location. It will involve a bit of stripping the interior trim to get into it. If you say the pump is running OK then it's a possibility. I believe the pump runs one way for the front screen and the reverse direction for the rear.

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 18th December 2017, 19:49 Thread Starter

what will I need to strip to get access to the joint you mention
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 18th December 2017, 22:53

Since I've never had the occasion to remove mines I'm not the one to help you. There's precious little information about the rear trim panel removal apart from diagrams like this. I suggest you take a look at Youtube for videos of ppl actually removing trim panels from cargo area of Chevrolet vehicles.

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 19th December 2017, 13:21
Baz

I had this same issue over summer, was told about the T junction in the pipework and checked this but you'd have a very wet boot if this was at fault if you can hear the motor working. Mine was the washer jets which had blocked inside (looked ok from the outside) - needed to replace the jets and associated pipework.

I'll see if I can find the part numbers later when I'm home - I think it was around £12 for the part, VX wanted £100+ to fit so I told them I'd have a go myself! It's quite an awkward process as you have to remove the entire external panel at the top of the boot (housing the brake light) which is held on with a few bolts and lots of plastic clips/poppers. So go slow and steady as the plastic clips (which will pop out with persuasion!) will be prone to breaking (especially in the cold weather).

Once you have the panel off it's a 2 minute job to whip out the brake light and replace the jets. All in it took me under an hour which was without any guide and trying to find all the clips/bolts myself - definitely a DIY job if you are comfortable having a go.

Edited by: Baz
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 20th December 2017, 12:44 Thread Starter

Well I checked boot carpet in the well it was slightly damp but not wet so I pulled up carpet up as much as I could & floor was wet under it & it was blue water so Iknew it was from jets. Tried taking off spoiler but one bolt was just spinning so checking joint in there was no good. I decided to lower headlining at rear to follow pipe for jets & found a joint in roof above rear quarter window drivers side has come apart so connected back up & now works. The hose is not a tight fit so I can see how easy it is to come apart so will cable tie them with some small ties.Hope this may help others with same problem.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 20th December 2017, 17:39

Good to get your feedback Kev, did you have to remove the rear window trim first before you could release the headlining? Didn't happen to take any photos did you?

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 21st December 2017, 16:49

Great that you fixed it but Victor has a good point, pics would be very useful as I guess many of us will suffer this and to cable tie it as a prevention would be best.
Edited by: volrider

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page