DPF - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2017, 22:24 Thread Starter

Hi I've had my Antara 2.2 64 plate for approx 6 months last night on leaving work my dog light was on on checking the manual it said take continue driving to clear, I drove home approx 10 min and looked on this forum for answers got my answer but on taking the car out the dpf light was off so I still took it for a 30 min run and kept it at approx 25000 revs will this do as a regen or will I have to wait for it to come on again. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2017, 22:31

Is the stop start working .if it is it does not need a regen

2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2017, 22:47 Thread Starter

Hi Swinton I don't have stop start on mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2017, 23:27

Hi Smudger
Regeneration of the DPF is about every 500miles and will only be attempted once the engine is up to running temp depending what model you have on the top screen you may have a digital read out of average mpg actual mpg. The actual mpg if you are coasting with foot off the gas pedal you will get a display of 9999 but when it's going through a regeneration cycle you'll get a very low fig on the display. another indication is when you switch off engine you hear the fans running it's doing a regeneration but the pain is once switch off it will not go straight back into a regeneration cycle this could take up to a number of miles before going into another regeneration. The warning light is to let you know a regeneration is needed and needs a good run with revs above 2k for 15 to 20 mins you'll know when it's completed as the warning light goes out. The light is really for those who only go to local shops or school run and not giving it a good run to clear out the carbon build up

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2017, 23:27

Do you have the eco button that lights up with little light on dash

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2017, 23:29

Which model antara have you got

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2017, 23:42 Thread Starter

Hi guys thanks for the replys I have model Antara Exclusive CDTI 4x4 Auto and I do have the Eco light on my dash board, i also noticed that my fuel range went from 296miles to 303 miles after the run out and yes my instant fuel range is all over the place from 9999 to 38.8 miles pg. What I can't understand is I drove over 300 miles on Saturday surely that should have cleaned it out. But 1 good thing I noticed is my fan is not running every time I stop now.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2017, 23:43

Bit of interesting read from other forum members

http://www.antaraownersclub.com/foru..._topic647.html

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2017, 00:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger
Hi guys thanks for the replys I have model Antara Exclusive CDTI 4x4 Auto and I do have the Eco light on my dash board, i also noticed that my fuel range went from 296miles to 303 miles after the run out and yes my instant fuel range is all over the place from 9999 to 38.8 miles pg. What I can't understand is I drove over 300 miles on Saturday surely that should have cleaned it out. But 1 good thing I noticed is my fan is not running every time I stop now.
If you have the auto transmission then you don't have the Stop Start function

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2017, 00:13

Should have said your ECO button does affect the transmission, it re-schedules the gear changes and torque converter lock-up for more MPG.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page