Just back to say hello - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 8th October 2017, 19:28 Thread Starter

Hi everyone just popped back to say hello and wondering if the new owner of old grey([email protected]#sry)is on here.boy I miss that thing.joined the astra forum boy there a quite lot πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 8th October 2017, 20:54

Welcome back Craig, you bought an Astra 1.6 petrol turbo (or was it a bi-turbo?) How's it been doing?

I was kicking the tyres of the MokkaX recently and they said it comes with a 1.6 petrol engine but don't think it's turbo, do you know if they use the Astra engine in the MokkaX? I know the 1.4 petrol engine is a turbo.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 9th October 2017, 20:35

Hi craig and welcome back
How's the new motor going all good I hope

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12th October 2017, 00:45 Thread Starter

Yeah got the biturbo diesel brilliant little car so cheap to run.me and the other half do miss the antara.the mokka is nice to nice to drive u won't be disappointed with them
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12th October 2017, 00:51 Thread Starter

Drove a 16and 14turbo felt under powered for me even compared to the antara.so then they got me a diesel 136hp mokka x that was a right beast a lot more get up and go.30pound road tax a year to cus it was on a 16plate.an 17plate exactly same car was 130/150 a year work that out
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 13th October 2017, 18:33

We have decided on a new Mini Countryman 1.5 petrol 3 cyl turbo so ordered it last week . We have to wait 8 weeks as its a factory order due to the tow bar and heated screen. I will have to wait to spring for the first tow of the caravan but with the 1700 kg tow weight and 165 kg nose weight it should be ok. I don't think it will give the same mpg as a diesel but should be as good or better than the Antara. I haven't driven the mokka but the 3 cyl in the corsa was rubbish. The countryman gives the same 0 to 60 and top speed as are 184 hp Antara and on the test drive it felt as quick but never got up to the 125 mph top speed .
We got £8000 for the Antara so not to bad if it had been. Euro 4 engine we could of got another £2000 off .
I will update when we get it but it was the best car we could find that would tow and had a good petrol engine for running around town with the same driving position as the antara.
We should get away with one more regen before it goes.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 13th October 2017, 20:30

What caravan are you pulling with a 1500 mini
It has a kerb weight of 1870kg including payload
85% is 1589 kg if you stick to 85%
It's not a very bit car for towing .dont see any minis towing caravans
Where are you getting 165 kg nose weight .it is normally 80kg Edited by: swinton

2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 13th October 2017, 21:05

https://www.gocaravanning.com/towcars/MINI-Countryman-10-onwards-2-0-D-Cooper-S-ALL4-Media-Pack-5d-Tow-Weights.html
Looking at this the 2ltr one does not pull a lot of weight got to be a small caravan .just don't want you get in trouble https://www.gocaravanning.com/towcars/MINI-Countryman-10-onwards-1-6-D-Cooper-5d-Tow-Weights.htmlEdited by: swinton

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 13th October 2017, 21:49

You are looking at the old model. The new one is bigger and uses the BMW X1 running gear so can tow 1700 kg with four wheel drive. I have all the details from mini uk and seen the plate on a car in the show room . The caravan is 1450 kg max and we only tow about 200 miles a year. This new engine pulls like a diesel from 1250 rpm and keeps pulling not like a diesel. It won't match the Antara on hills and I am expecting to got some funny looks when we turn up on site with it. As you say you don't see minis towing caravans but BMW have made the countryman what it should of been . We had to sell are last one when we decided to go back to caravaning
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 13th October 2017, 22:04

Great as long as your ok .like I say did not want you in trouble .theres plenty out there who like the car and like van
But they don't match but look nice .haw a nice time caravaning when you get the new car

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page