Service problems. - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 26th September 2017, 18:24 Thread Starter

Hi All , new to this site -I own 62 reg 2.2 Exclusive 22350 miles.-has been serviced / mot at same garage since new . Last service 12 sep had oil flush / disel flush( paid extra )- .I have since used over half a tank of fuel for 104 miles -stop start has stopped working. Contacted garage who say excessive fuel consumption has nothing to do with service and stop and start could be due to battery being 85% or less. Said if I use sat nav have radio on etc etc this could cause stop / start from working. Asked if battery was checked at service and was told no - Have been told I have to pay a diagnostic fee for garage to check problems .

Has anyone had similar issues

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 26th September 2017, 19:38

Yes I get that . All I do is go for a decent run 10-15 miles motorway ideal .or a decent stretch of
Road where you can do 2000 revs .get the engine hot to do a regen .then stop start will come back on .
When it stops on mine that is all I do .
Try that first before spending any money it should cure it
Mine stopped working today going to take for a run tomorrow and sort it out
It's not the first time I have had to go on a run .and not be last .i would not mine but I did a 60 mile round trip
On Sunday it could have done it but no it waits till to day to do it Edited by: swinton

2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 26th September 2017, 19:40

Don't use 5th gear you need 2000 revs Edited by: swinton

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 26th September 2017, 19:55 Thread Starter

Hi Swinton , Thanks for reply ,I have tried the 15 20 min run to re gen ( have done that before ) but no joy - I think the service people have messed up - but trying to prove it will be Nye impossible. Do you know what the idle speed should be for a 2.2 ? My vehicle just seems to be a bit louder ! idling at abt 800rpm
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 26th September 2017, 20:14

I've had to run mines for about 30 mins to clear it, depends on what kind of mood it's in.
Idle speed from memory is about 750 rpm with engine hot. It may be higher if ECU detects high electrical loads eg battery down, air conditioning on, heated rear screen etc.

BTW you should put as much elecgtrical oad on as possible when you attempt a DPF regen, it helps the engine get up to the higher temperature required.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 26th September 2017, 20:22 Thread Starter

Hi Victor , I have given car good run _ I have re genned a few times over the years - Putting lots of load on appears to go against the dealer who said running with sat nav ,radio, lights on etc will run down battery and stop stop/start working.!! me still thinks they have done something at service !
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 26th September 2017, 20:35

I don't think you can turn the stop start off completely.but I don't see how a service can stop it .you don't have the yellow
Light on on the dash do you .

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 26th September 2017, 20:54 Thread Starter

Hi Swinton What yellow light ? do you mean the one that tells you the DPF is full - this is not on - usually when the DPF is getting full the fan will over run when you park up after a journeybefore the light comes on . This isn't happening also . what is your idle speed.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 26th September 2017, 21:27

It idles aroud750-800
What is yours idilling at .just had mine serviced last week Edited by: swinton

post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 26th September 2017, 21:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oncebitten
Hi Victor , I have given car good run _ I have re genned a few times over the years - Putting lots of load on appears to go against the dealer who said running with sat nav ,radio, lights on etc will run down battery and stop stop/start working.!! me still thinks they have done something at service !

You're mixing two things up here. If you have high electrical load on the Stop / Start system will not work, it will be inhibited because the alternator needs to keep charging .

When a DPF regen is needed the Stop / Start is automatically disabled by the ECU. Putting a high electrical load elps raise the engine temp.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page