Ready for the winter - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th September 2017, 23:26 Thread Starter

Some therapy time today getting the Antara all cleaned and polished for the winter. Paintwork clay barred and sealed with acrylic wax then carnuba wax. Wheels all waxed to. Had my Antara for over 4 years since new. Great family car that does everything I need it for. My only problem is what do I replace it with next year
Edited by: Griffin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 17th September 2017, 07:28

I am not a white car lover, but that one changes my view! Looking very nice and those wheels look great. Sounds like your a very happy Antara man, dont part with it if your happy. No real replacement out there.

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 17th September 2017, 11:10

I looked at a white Antara when I was buying mine, for one thing they were £500 cheaper than the metallic finish but I reckon if I bought I would have had a Clearcoat varnish put over it to keep it clean. I see a lot of white cars, especially Qashqais that were nice and clean when they were bought with the contrasting black trim but within 18 months to 2 years they looked shabby because the owners didn't keep them clean and polished. I've always used Turtle Wax polish but recently bought a tin of Simoniz wax when Tesco had it on half price so might use it before winter although it needs a lot more elbow grease than the Turtle Wax. Or I might just keep the Simoniz for the wheels.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 17th September 2017, 20:43
Super Moderator

Looks good I still miss my white Antara. I still think it was a good looking car.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th September 2017, 13:21

There are some good deals on the outgoing Volvo XC60. I have one and it is a fantastic car and tow vehicle.

My wife says that I never listen or something like that !
2.2 diesel Diamond 63. Swift Challenger 580
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th September 2017, 18:04

I'm not ready to buy a Volvo but in a couple of months when I need the neat winter screenwash to go down below zero I always try and remember to bleed it through the rear screen wash for a while. If that lot gets frozen it's a real PITA to get it thawed out and working again.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th September 2017, 19:51
Groupie

Like you been preparing the car for winter. Have given it the usual polish although this time I decided to take all the wheels off and cleaned up the subframes and underneath. I noticed that the paint had started to flake a bit on the subframes and have sprayed them with a hammerite underseal. Should keep it good for a little while. Mine is a 2014 model and to be honest is generally very clean and rust free, would like to keep it like that way!

Antara 2014 2.4 petrol, now with cruise control
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th September 2017, 20:05

The running boards look neat, as well as useful.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page