Help needed ASAP - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12th September 2017, 08:46 Thread Starter

Hi I've had an antes since April this year I've had lots of lights come on and it's been in to thurlow nun more time than I'd like to say the lates light is auto lights which they said the fixed last week since then uv parked the car and it has almost run me over as hand brake will not hold as a women I think they try and fob me off what can I do please Edited by: Mooeval
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12th September 2017, 08:59

If the press the hand brake twice that is supposed to be a way of giving extra grip, it may need the handbrake adjusting?

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12th September 2017, 09:32

Pull the handbrake switch once and listen for the brake to apply and wait for the parking brake light to illuminate on the dashboard; it might take two seconds - not a millisecond. Then pull it again. Always leave the vehicle parked in gear anyway. If the dashboard light doesn't show then the brake is probably not applied. Never take it for granted that the brake is applied because the switch has been pulled. When parking on a sloping road park with the front wheels turned so that if the car rolls away the wheels are stopped by the kerb.

If the brake doesn't work you should not drive the vehicle. The parking brake requires maintenance, like all things and there are various posts on here giving instructions how to do it. If you can change a wheel you can probably adjust the parking brake.

It helps us all - and you - if you can edit your personal details to show the vehicle details on every post you make. Using a phone or tablet to view posts often gives a restricted view of this page unless the display setting are altered. View it on a PC or laptop (if you don't already) and you will see the difference!

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12th September 2017, 22:30

Don't let go of the foot brake until the red handbrake light is on. I've done it in a rush before now, easily done.

Oh, try punctuation as well. Nearly ran out of breath reading issue.

My wife says that I never listen or something like that !
2.2 diesel Diamond 63. Swift Challenger 580
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12th September 2017, 23:03 Thread Starter

Thank you all for your help, and sorry was in such a rush out to work this morning.Car going back into Vauxhall for lights and have asked them to look it over for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page