2nd Service completed - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11th September 2017, 17:53 Thread Starter

Well my local VX dealer completed the 2nd service which is classed as a main one, the bill came to £329 with the service club discount.All good no leaks besides one of the injector fuel run off pipes?? They found it was split so they replaced it.
Since the EGR valve was replaced a few weeks ago it has run perfectly and the fuel consumption mixed driving has risen from 37 mpg to 42 mpg! I noticed that the long term mpg has risen over 7,000 miles from 37.1 to 37.4 in this short time so there is a remarkable difference!
So local dealer serviced washed and vacuumed the car and at a reasonable cost.

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11th September 2017, 17:59

Happy days, hope is continues.

My wife says that I never listen or something like that !
2.2 diesel Diamond 63. Swift Challenger 580
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11th September 2017, 19:36

I paid £279 for 2nd yr service with discounts .due 3rd year service quoted £180 at local dealers
Got it wash and cleaned in with price Edited by: swinton

2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11th September 2017, 22:30

Bully for you Volrider, car all serviced AND running well, life's good when the clouds have parted and angels sing. Mines goes in for its 2nd service in a couple of weeks and the starter safety recall notice I got a couple of months back. Looked over the paperwork for the last service, they really don't tell you much but they bulk it all up with extraneous bits of paper to try and convince you that your car has been meticulously serviced and cared for.

I'm a bit envious of your mpg figures, think I'll complain about my fuel consumption when I'm in bcos its not as good as yours. Think i'll get a new egr out of them?

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11th September 2017, 22:36

Meant to say did anyone see that documentary about John Surtees on telly last night? Maybe it was an old one but first time I saw it and I didn't catch all of it. I never knew he was a mechanic with Vincent motor cycles. They used to give a certificate with the big twins to prove they did over 100 mph, signed by their "chief test pilot" Anybody know what the Harley Davidson did around that time (early 50's?) bet it was about 70mph or something.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page