Advice Please on Antara 2.4i Exclusiv - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10th September 2017, 13:04 Thread Starter

Hi all and sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum. I am looking at buying a used 2011 Antara 2.4i 16v Exclusiv (2WD) which has a genuine 24k on the clock. I had looked at reviews from different sites and would like to know what others think. We are not so concerned about the fuel consumption (it is the petrol version), tax band or insurance but more about any known problems with this particular model as they appear slightly rare. It is clean inside and out and looking back on the past MOT's the only fail has been<br style="margin-top: 0px; color: rgb20, 20, 20; font-family: Tahoma, Georgia, serif; font-size: 14.6667px; : rgb249, 249, 249;"><ul style="margin: 1em 0px 1em 3em; padding: 0px; color: rgb20, 20, 20; font-family: Tahoma, Georgia, serif; font-size: 14.6667px; : rgb249, 249, 249;"><li style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; list-style: disc outside;">Offside Rear Shock absorber has a serious fluid leak (2.7.3) (Novemebr 2014)<li style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; list-style: disc outside;">and an advisory<li style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; list-style: disc outside;">Nearside Front Shock absorber has a light misting of oil (2.7.3) (December 2016)[/list]Have had Vauxhall's during the past and pretty much had very few surprise problems or expenensive repairs.<br style="color: rgb20, 20, 20; font-family: Tahoma, Georgia, serif; font-size: 14.6667px; : rgb249, 249, 249;"><br style="color: rgb20, 20, 20; font-family: Tahoma, Georgia, serif; font-size: 14.6667px; : rgb249, 249, 249;">Any comments would be grateful.<br style="color: rgb20, 20, 20; font-family: Tahoma, Georgia, serif; font-size: 14.6667px; : rgb249, 249, 249;"><br style="color: rgb20, 20, 20; font-family: Tahoma, Georgia, serif; font-size: 14.6667px; : rgb249, 249, 249;">Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10th September 2017, 13:55

Hi Fred, hopefully someone with a 2.4 will come forward and sing their praises. I think from what I have read on here and with my own experience the 2.2 Diesel has issues, mainly poor running which seems to be the EGR valve in most cases, regeneration of the DPF every 500 miles, which is a pain in the ass. Oil leaks from the sump and timing chain covers (they don't use gaskets) 4X4 have issues with the transfer box.So if I was looking for an Antara and I didn't worry about consumption tax levels then I would buy a petrol version every day of the week. Seems strange though that it has two leaks on the struts, considering the age and low mileage, not heard of folk complaining about that one, hey ho something for me to add to the list of what to expect in the future

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10th September 2017, 22:44
Groupie

Hi Fred, just to let you know I recently got my 2014 2.4 petrol antara, 2 weeks ago now, and bought that with 24K on the clock. Must admit I am pleasantly surprised with it. As you say they seem to be rare and most faults seem to concern the diesel engine. I have found it to be so smooth and quiet and after one tank tank of fuel it averaged 30mpg so I'm happy with that. In the two weeks so far had no issues at all. I am looking to upgrade it a little so have just ordered a cruise control stalk which apparently is plug and play ( I have a post on it and will let all know how that goes). Also want to get the on board computer to show all the functions, mine only has the tyre pressure monitoring, so have an OPCOM unit coming to try and switch the functions on. Also want to get a tow bar so thats another project! Other than that compared to other SUV's of the age it is a lot of car for a lot less money than the competition. Good luck.

Antara 2014 2.4 petrol, now with cruise control

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page