Grandland x - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 8th July 2017, 18:20 Thread Starter

Anyone seen the new GrandlandX due for release end of year.
Ready for changing my Antara but thought I would wait and see if it's going to be a good replacement.
Any one else considering one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 8th July 2017, 23:33

I've seen the 3008 which looks OK sort of, be honest it just looks like a bunch of the other ones. I did see a Peugeot 5008 '66 reg (I think) and the back of it looked very boxy. Another thing I'm concerned about is the engine choices, too many tiny petrol ones for me.

I did have an intersting little dice with a Peugeot 2 litre diesel the other week, he tried to out-accelerate me in the Antara hmmmmm - sent hime homewards to think again I'm afraid.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10th July 2017, 14:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor
I've seen the 3008 which looks OK sort of, be honest it just looks like a bunch of the other ones. I did see a Peugeot 5008 '66 reg (I think) and the back of it looked very boxy. Another thing I'm concerned about is the engine choices, too many tiny petrol ones for me.

I did have an intersting little dice with a Peugeot 2 litre diesel the other week, he tried to out-accelerate me in the Antara hmmmmm - sent hime homewards to think again I'm afraid.
VICTOR ! You boy racer red mist came down did it

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10th July 2017, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohnsparky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor
VICTOR ! You boy racer red mist came down did it
lol not exactly red mist BJS, I came off a roundabout in the R/H lane because the L/H lane was a do-not-stop-lane. I wanted into the L/H lane because I wasn't in a hurry but there was a driver in a Peugeot who wouldn't let me in. I accelerated a bit and he sped up, there was some more traffic in the L/H lane further up so I had to keep going to pass them. Next thing the Peugeot is on my tail about an inch from my bumper, you know what it's like. So I dropped a gear and booted it (went up to about 85 - 90 transient) and left the Peugeot way behind. Later on I got into the L/H lane and dropped my speed back to about 65 and the Pug came thrashing past me.

You must get that sometimes with the caravan, don't you? Nice drivers who won't let you in just complete asreholes.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10th July 2017, 16:34

With new cars appearing on the market they all seem to have reduced engine capacity and trend towards petrol. Even Volvo has announced its intent to go hybrid/electric. Very soon, if you need a towcar for a modern caravan, no new car will be capable of pulling 1500kg in relative comfort and stability over 150 miles non-stop for a recharge. I wonder where we will go from there without spending £40 000+? A rise in the price of used diesel Antaras perhaps?

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10th July 2017, 17:58

Yes Nice one Victor
Because they don't no different model cars they think the antara is a mokka and they beat them but up against a caffeine free model they get most irate as all they see is the tail pipe waving at them in the distance
And as for when the caravan is on the back we'll that's white too so I don't see the arse wipes who try and not let me in
As they say mirror. signal. manoeuvre. then flash the hazards to say thank you Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10th July 2017, 18:07

Yes Dulac
It will become very hard to get a decent tow car in the future with the pulling power.
Electric cars in years to come will be like the diesels of today when they start looking at
the cost to make the batteries
the cost of making the electricity to charge
then the biggest cost will be the disposal of the batteries when they No good

Nuclear power plants come to mind
Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10th July 2017, 19:34

BJS - I think it will be impossible (rather than very hard) to find a capable new diesel SUV style towcar quite soon. Nothing springs to mind at the moment with a minimum 2 litre engine and a weight of 1800kg+ and at a price that the man in the street can afford. The Grandland X has two small engine options and there is no mention of its kerbweight. Manufacturers seem to be offering small engines powered up to rev their guts out after three or four years and I should think the power/weight ratio plays an important part in their figures.
So all of us towbars had better keep the DPF sweet and change the oil, filter, coolant and brake fluid on a regular basis. We could be sitting on a goldmine!

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10th July 2017, 19:37

Saw the new antara replacement on a Opel dealer forecourt in Brussels .looks nice

2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10th July 2017, 20:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulac
BJS - I think it will be impossible (rather than very hard) to find a capable new diesel SUV style towcar quite soon. Nothing springs to mind at the moment with a minimum 2 litre engine and a weight of 1800kg+ and at a price that the man in the street can afford. The Grandland X has two small engine options and there is no mention of its kerbweight. Manufacturers seem to be offering small engines powered up to rev their guts out after three or four years and I should think the power/weight ratio plays an important part in their figures.
So all of us towbars had better keep the DPF sweet and change the oil, filter, coolant and brake fluid on a regular basis. We could be sitting on a goldmine!

Or money pit

My wife says that I never listen or something like that !
2.2 diesel Diamond 63. Swift Challenger 580

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page