Thoughts on this? - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 4th July 2017, 12:38 Thread Starter

I know a few have had issues with too frequent Regens of the DPF.Anyone tried this???

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NATR6BE/ref=pe_2730751_200879851_em_1p_1_ti

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 4th July 2017, 12:45

Tried a product like it once did not make any difference

2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 4th July 2017, 12:51 Thread Starter

Yeah I think I would not bother either, just noticed it and thought someone may have had a go with it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 4th July 2017, 13:06

Honest John used to say that Texaco and Shell had more cleaning additives in their diesel fuels than their competitors. I guess that is all these proprietary mixes are. I always use Shell and add nothing; been running on it for many years. It was remarked how clean the fuel system was. I was forced to use supermarket stuff once (in a diesel Peugeot) and there was a difference in running - it lost its edge.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 4th July 2017, 14:50
Groupie

I tried a bottle of redex DPF cleaner. £6 from Tescos. I used it 3 tank fills ago as I was towing the caravan around the lake district and thought it would be a good time to clean the dpf . My regens have always been around the 500 mile or slightly less with no issues. Once I used the adative it was trying to regen constantly, kicking lots of smoke out and stinking until the dpf warning light started flashing and the engine light came on. After an other 100 miles or so, both lights switched off and the car started behaving normal again. So I'm not sure if the adative has done any good or not. I hope this may be of use to anybody
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 4th July 2017, 16:13 Thread Starter

Tutonstu, maybe that was the additive doing it's job by shifting the crap out?

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 4th July 2017, 17:01

What you got to lose by trying it Volrider? Opie Oils and Millers products are long established so for £9 or something you could see what happens. I've never used anything like that but iit's designed to pass through the combustion process and start working once it gets to the DPF. When you think of the "wet" DPF systems (Adblue or Eolys) they work by chemical reaction and reduce the required temperature to about 350 deg C while we need about 650 deg C for ours. The only thing with the wet DPF is that you blow ammonia out the back so not so popular with following motorists. .

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 4th July 2017, 19:57 Thread Starter

Well Victor I will see how I go with this Millers stuff and when the next regen kicks in, bit loath to do this as I do varied driving not much pottering in traffic, but I wonder if the first 7,500 miles before I had it was spent mainly in ton and caused issues.... I think I hate diesels ......

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 5th July 2017, 10:10

Just thinking about your constant DPF regens Volrider and wondering if it's the DPF differential pressure sensor that's at fault. It's located down the front of the engine, bolted on to a bracket it shares with the dipstick. It monitors the difference in pressure between the exhaust gases going into the DPF and the gases coming out as a measure of how much particulate matter has accumulated in the filter and the ECU constantly monitors this signal.

If the switch is over-reading the differential pressure then the ECU will trigger a DPF regen. I don't think it will bring on any warning light since the ECU just reads this signal and accepts it as true, there's no other reference point it has to check the signal. Trouble is to check the sensor you'd have to remove it and mount it in a test rig to check the signal voltage while applying different pressures to it. Or else check out the price of a new one (or even a used one) and see whether a swop was feasible.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 5th July 2017, 11:45 Thread Starter

Thanks Victor, I managed 300 miles today before a regen kicked in, odd thing was I decided to park up and run it at 2,000+ rpm. I did this varying it between 2k and 2.5k and after a few minutes the DPF reg stopped... I guess it will want another in 50 or 100 miles.It would grieve me to have to do a switch swap etc when the bloody garage should be onto this rather than say its my driving style and computer says no fault.... I want an old fashioned mechanic who actually fault finds ....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page