Bad Day. Really Bad Day - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 21st June 2017, 20:58 Thread Starter
Ray

My se nav has done seven regens in two weeks even after a long trip to Wales it did another two !!
The regen light came on and the engine management light too on the way home.
This isn't quite normal as I handle the Regens quite well.
Anyway, I took it to a garage and got it hooked to a computer that cost me £40. Even before that the garage was telling me it's a erg valve problem and after the computer check he wasn't 100%. Don't know why. So here comes the punch line. I go in to see what he has done and there's a bloody big dint in the bonnet were they've pushed it closed. Now doubt he would not take responsibility so I demanded my receipt and left.
Anyways has anyone had a problem with repeated regens even on long journeys of 70+ mph.

SE NAV WHITE (62)TITANIUM LEATHER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 21st June 2017, 21:16

Oh Regen issues.... well look at my fine line over athttp://www.antaraownersclub.com/forum/juddering_topic2516_page1.htmlYou will see I am at a regen every 100 miles! car judders and stutters and VX cant find a fault as computer says "no" I am at my wits end, do you have issues like juddering at light throttle around 1500/2000 rpm?
Sorry to hear your having issues, its no comfort to you that your not alone

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 21st June 2017, 21:23 Thread Starter
Ray

Hi Volrider no no shuddering as yet. I managed to get the failt codes though. P2463 and P200a.
Suppose the answer would be take it to. Vx dealer but we just don't have that type of money at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 21st June 2017, 22:18

https://www.autocodes.com/p2463.html

I think you will need to have a forced regen done, now VX may charge a fortune but Hlafords do the same
http://www.halfordsautocentres.com/advice/car-care-advice/dpf-cleaning-at-halfords-autocentres?gclid=COn7vsPgz9QCFe-w7QodIjIN1g

The second code, have a look at this link
http://www.chevroletownersclub.co.uk...l#.WUrUNevyviw

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 21st June 2017, 22:43 Thread Starter
Ray

Wow some scary reading there. He did mention the erg valves of which he said there was two.
Halfords seems a good choice for clearing the dpf but a waste if it's the erg valves.
That's some really good info there thanks. I need to decide which way to do it.
Always comes down to money or the lack of.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 21st June 2017, 23:37

When I google that P200A fault code I get hits for the Intake Manifold Runner Control, it's about controlling the swirl flaps in the inlet manifold, they are opened or closed by a vacuum actuator.

There's four valves per cylinder, two inlet and two exhaust. The primary ports iin the inlet manifold feed one inlet valve and the secondary ports - which are controlled by the swirl valves - feed the second inlet valve. The idea is to smooth out the air flow or induce turbulence when required, dependent on throttle positoin and power required.

Have a loook at this video of a VW having the swirl flaps actuated, it's interesting.<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:Punctuati&#111;nKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w&#111;ntGrowAutofit/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:Word>
<!-->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOyTGgi4sCU
<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156">
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

<!-->

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 21st June 2017, 23:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
Wow some scary reading there. He did mention the erg valves of which he said there was two.
Halfords seems a good choice for clearing the dpf but a waste if it's the erg valves.
That's some really good info there thanks. I need to decide which way to do it.
Always comes down to money or the lack of.
There's only one EGR valve on the Antara Ray. Bet that's the best news you've had today!

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2017, 00:34

Ray doesn't seem to have many choices. Are there any simple engines left out there? The last one I had was a Peugeot 505 2.5 litre diesel family estate, which was a plain and very heavy unit - designed by experienced engineers - running on good old oily diesel, with loads of room under the bonnet, no emission controls, no fancy pipes, valves, DPF, swirls, ECU etc. It just used to run and run with an occasional glow plug to change. No codes, no readers and anyone with a mechanical bent could maintain it. Where have designers gone wrong and why do we put up with this s**t and pay through the nose for it? For all this trouble are we really saving the planet? The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2017, 07:23

EU emissions Dulac... thats the problem, this is my first and last venture into owning a diesel powered car. The engine is good and lots of torque but all the bolt on bits are the reasons behind the issues everyone or nearly everyone is having.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2017, 10:45

Changing back to a petrol engine won't be a day at the beach either. The trend now is tiny three cylinder engines with turbos fitted to articifially boost the power so you still need all the gubbins for turbo control. Doesn't VW have their 1.4 TSI which has a turbo and a supercharger? Can't imagine a set up like that being trouble free.

Also they're moving to direct petrol injection straight into the cylinder like a diesel. One of the things this does is give you troublw with the inlet valves clogging up and sticking - when petrol was sprayed into the inlet manifold at least it would keep the inlet valves clean but moving to direct injection means they only get air + EGR + dirty fumes from the engine breather system (CCV). There's talk they're having to take the heads off them a decarbonise them just like the old A series BMC engines of yesteryear.

Oh and before I forget, they're bringing out DPF's for petrol engines too, VW reckoned they'd have them in for 2017. There is no escape my friend.........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page